Chapter Three - A Friend

A/N Sorry for the wait, once again. I was going to upload this two days ago, but Wattpad was being a douche and wouldn't let me. -__-

Chapter Three - A Friend

JORDAN'S POV

I was shocked at my own self when I had leaned in to kiss her. I did it impulsively, my mind body acting before my mind could comprehend what was occurring.

So when Haven had pulled away too forcefully, my mind immediately reeled with the feeling of her lips on my mine.

She began to stutter up an excuse, saying that she couldn't like me because she didn't know what I looked like.

"No, no, Haven! I didn't mean to kiss you, I mean, I could never--" I tried to say, but hurt spread across her face as I said those words.

I was beginning to try to fix my mistake again when she cut in suddenly. "It's fine, Jordan, I get it. I mean, who would want to kiss a blind girl," she replied, laughing as she wandered into the condo.

HAVEN'S POV

I honestly wasn't too sure what to expect Jordan to reply with. To be honest, I didn't want to pull away from Jordan, I was just born and raised to not fall in love.

My father was always rough on me, saying that I was good for nothing because I had the inabilty to see. I don't talk to him much, ever since he and my mother had split.

Over time, my mother began to see me more as the way my father had described me, so I've come to terms long ago that I'm just a burden that no one should have to carry around on their shoulders.

Luckily, once he had left, she began to see me as her daughter again, but the feeling of being a burden was still heavy in my chest.

"No, no, Haven! I didn't mean to kiss you, I mean, I could never--" Jordan tried to explain.

I get it... Just please don't say it... I thought, my face instinctively twisting into a hurt expression.

Jordan must have noticed because he tried to clear up his excuse in a nicer way, but at this point, I've had enough to hear from him.

"It's fine, Jordan, I get it. I mean, who would want to kiss a blind girl," I said awkwardly, shrugging. I laughed nervously and walked into the condo.

I didn't want to stay in Jordan's condo after the events that had just occurred, so I stood very awkwardly in the middle of the room, not knowing my way around.

I listened to Jordan lock his door and turn towards my direction. He gently grabbed my arm and led me to his couch in what I assumed was his living room.

"Um, Jordan, do you happen to have a phone? Maybe?" I asked, ready to call up a friend to pick me up.

"Oh, yes! I do! You can use my cellphone," he said. There was a long pause before I realized what was going on.

"You have to type in the number for me," I said, chuckling.

"Oh! Right! Okay, what is it?" he replied, clearly embarrassed. I laughed again before reciting the number I memoriezed in my head.

"Alright, here," Jordan said, handing me the phone and placing it in my palm. "It's upside down," he said again as I put it up to my ear.

I blushed insanely hard as I flipped the phone around in the right direction. The line rang a few times and I heard Jordan whisper, "I'll be in the kitchen and give you some privacy."

I nodded and I heard the line click and somebody say, "Hello?"

"Hey! It's Haven!" I said. We began to make small talk until I moved onto the real reason why I called him.

"Do you think you could pick me up?" I said incredibly quietly, hoping the kitchen wasn't too close to where I was sitting on the couch.

"Why? Where are you? Are you okay?" he immediately asked.

"Yah, yah, um... I kind of got in a situation and Damen isn't here... so I'm kind of stuck at this... guy's house," I whispered into the phone.

"Where are you? What's the adress?" he asked hastily.

"I think he said it was like 42 Lakeside Road," I said, trying to remember back to our conversation on the way here.

"Alright, be there in like five," he said before hanging up.

I remember when I met Mitch, not too long ago as well. I was at a frozen yogurt place near my house, and I almost dropped my ice cream. Luckily, Mitch was there to help me before I could let it fall.

JORDAN'S POV

I got up to give Haven some privacy when I heard her speak into the phone. I silently closed the kitchen door and listened to her conversation.

Yes, yes, I know, Jordan stop snooping around! But something made me relax at watching her smile and laugh towards whoever was on the phone.

"Do you think you could pick me up?" I heard her quietly ask into the phone, and my smile immediately dropped.

The conversation continued until I heard Haven say, "I'm kind of stuck at this... guy's house." My heart dropped into my stomach as I heard those words.

I guess I am just some random stranger she doesn't know. I sighed silently, leaning against the wall.

When she hung up, I casually opened the kitchen door loudly to make it seem as though I was actually gone.

Her head snapped towards the direction of the sound, and I walked next to her and sat on the couch. "Who were you talking to?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

After a few minutes of awkwardly conversing, Haven looked relieved at the sound of the doorbell. "Oh, hey, that's my friend," she said quickly, walking to the door with her hands propped out in front of her, trying not to run into anything.

I heard the door open and a male voice say, "Hey, Haven! Ready to head to my place?"

Friend? Does she mean... boyfriend? I thought incredously.

I quickly got up from the sofa and walked over to the front door next to Haven. I looked up at the man at the door and was surprised to see my worst enemy from high school standing there.

Mitch.

---

A/N Yes, yes, I KNOW, I USE MITCH IN EVERY FF I WRITE XD But I love him so much... .3. lol. Sorry for the wait, WattPad was being a bit of a butthole two days ago and wouldn't let me update, and yesterday I was in the big city all day. :)

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny