Chapter Two - Veterinarian

A/N Thank you guys so much for the support on the previous part of this book! :D Love you all to bits and pieces. <3

Chapter Two - Veterinarian

HAVEN'S POV

"I'm blind," I blurted out, my brain not even trying to sugarcoat the words that had just flown out of my mouth.

Even though I couldn't see Jordan's face at all, I could sense the shock radiating off of his face. I always had wondered what a 'shocked' face truly looked like.

My mother described it by saying, "Depending on the amount of shock they're going through, their mouth opens and their eyes seem to bulge out."

I almost laughed at the thought of seeing somebody look like that, but I snapped back into reality when I heard Jordan quietly say, "Oh..."

I immediately push my seat out, grabbing Damen's leash along the way. "I'm sorry for coming, this was a waste of time--" I began to say, gathering my belongings.

"Wait, no!" I heard Jordan yelp, pushing his chair out and grabbing my arm. "Please don't go!" he pleaded.

I just took a deep breath and sat back down, Jordan sighing in relief as I did so. "Okay. Well now that you know--" I began.

"Tell me more about yourself," Jordan blurted out, cutting me off.

I giggled in such a girly way that I was almost certain it didn't come from me. "Um, well, what do you want to know?"

There was a slight silence between us as I played with my coffee cup.

"Just... about yourself. Your life, what you like to do, what you don't like to do. Things like that," Jordan said, his chair creaking slightly.

"Well... my life, huh?" I began, leaning back against the back of the chair. "I don't know much about my appearance. I don't have the slightest idea what I look like."

"And according to doctors, I never will," I said, sighing whilst taking a sip of coffee.

There was a silence that took over us as I said those last depressing words, until Jordan spoke up. "Well that's not too bad, is it?"

I laughed heartily. "Ha, Jordan, you have no idea how hard it is," I said, giggling like a girl again. "Well, tell me about yourself."

"Well, like I said, I'm a YouTuber. I play video games for a living," he said easily.

"Video games?" I asked. "I've always wanted to play one, but, you know, I can't."

"Well who knows, someday there's going to be a magical cure and you can play all the video games you want," he replied, laughing.

I laughed too. "I hope."

"And... maybe I can be there to show you, too," Jordan continued, now making slurping noises as he emptied his cup with his straw.

I smiled sheepishly and bit the inside of my cheek. I've never in my life met somebody so kind and willing to accept me for who I was.

Apart from my family, Jordan made me feel like there was hope left. Sure, I'll never really see, but maybe I can see life from a different point of view.

"I'd love that," I said incredibly quietly, almost sure that Jordan didn't hear me. But apparently he did because he agreed in response.

"Anyways, since we're almost done here, want to go catch a movie?" Jordan asked.

I pointed my eyes to his direction, and I could almost feel the embarrassment overcome Jordan's face.

"I swear you just did that on purpose," I joked.