Chapter Eight - Lies

JORDAN'S POV

I froze. "What?" I whispered incredously. Did she just say what I think she just said? I thought, anger bubbling up inside me. When Haven made no intention to repeat her question, something inside me broke. "What?!" I roared, leaping up from the couch.

Haven didn't even flinch at the volume of my voice. Her gaze was staring straight at the opposite wall. She almost could pull off as a statue.

"Haven! Did you not hear me--" I began.

"I freaking heard you, Jordan!" she suddenly bursted out. "Mitch told me everything! About you and Rose, about how much she loved you, about how you cheated on her!"

My mouth hung open in shock. Mitch? Mitch?! I thought, rage seething in me. I narrowed my eyes at the thought of him, my lips twisting into a grimace.

"But what he told me most about how you killed her," Haven whispered, her eyes still staring blankly at the wall in front of her.

That snapped me in half. "Lies! Lies! More and more fucking lies! I've had enough of those!" I screamed, pulling at my hair and pacing around the room.

"You're a damn murderer," I heard Haven mutter as I twisted my head around to look at her. "What the hell did you do to make her kill herself?!"

"I didn't do anything!" I yelled, Haven now standing up, Damen growling at my raised voice.

"Well then what the hell are you saying!" she screamed, ripping her sunglasses off and tossing them onto the floor, revealing her beautiful eyes again.

"That Mitch is a liar!" I retorted loudly, anger bubbling out of me faster than I could have ever imagined.

I saw Haven's eyes darken incredibly quickly, and her face turn red in rage. She looked like a timb bomb just waiting to explode.

I tried to reach out to her by putting my hand on her shoulder. "Haven..." I began, whispering. Her current state frightened me, seeing her this angry.

Before I knew it, I felt two hands push me square in the shoulders. I stumbled backwards, shocked from the force of her arms.

"Get out!" I heard Haven scream in an incredibly high-pitched, shrill voice. I saw tears brimming her eyes. She shoved me backwards again while screaming, "How dare you say that!"

"You don't know Mitch! He loved Rose, too! Why the hell do you think she suddenly thought I was cheating on her?! Mitch is a horrible person, Haven!" I tried to explain as Haven continued to let rage engluf her, shoving me backwards farther and farther away until I hit the wall.

"Even if that was true, why would you think I would just take your word?!" Haven said through clenched teeth, her emotions slightly simmering down.

"Just trust me!" I begged, grabbing her forearms, not letting her move.

She quickly pulled away from my grasp forcefully. She curled her lip into a frown, walking back slightly. "I can't," she said simply, sitting down on the edge of the armchair.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Well I guess that makes two of us," I muttered loudly.

Haven's head snapped up, her eyes gazing towards the direction my voice came from. "What?" she whispered incredously. "What the hell did I do?"

I pushed myself off the wall and walked towards her. "Oh, I can't start liking somebody when I don't even know what they look like," I said in a high voice, mimicking her. "Bullshit."