Chapter Thirteen - Encountering the Enemy

Guys, I am so sorry for already breaking my promise! I had a few medical issues come up and I had to deal with them. Anyways, onwards with the chapter! <3 

Chapter Thirteen - Encountering the Enemy

JORDAN'S POV

"Then I guess we're both a little crazy," I murmured, still pinning Haven against the glass door. "And I can live with that."

I tried my hardest to control myself, to try not to kiss her, my eyes wandering back and forth from her lips to her captivating eyes. 

I saw Haven's bottom lip quiver, and a look of uncertainty flashed in her sightless gaze that still showed emotion far beyond anyone else's.

I couldn't resist seeing Haven this way, on the borderline of tears. I wanted to take away all of her loneliness and replace it with the feeling of being loved. And that was what I intended on doing.

I inched my face slightly forwards, flashbacks of us attacking me every second. After each argument, conversation and late nights staying up to think about her, I couldn't wait another moment.

I closed the gap between us in one swift movement, savoring the taste of her lips. I pushed her against the door a little harder, wrapping my hand around her neck while she finally curled hers around my shoulders.

Eventually when we reluctantly had to catch our breath, she uncurled her grip from me as I wiped the single tear that fell from her eye.

She laughed slightly, shaking her head. "This is exactly what I told myself not to do," she giggled.

I just smiled at her words and wrapped my arms around her, kissing her forehead. "Well some rules were made to be broken."

ROSE'S POV

I patted Jordan's shoulder, knowing that he should go after Haven, it was the right thing to do, even if it tore me in two. I sighed, walking away back in the direction of Starbucks.

I took a deep breath as I entered the small cafe, sitting back down in the booth where our drinks were surprisingly still there.

My mind tried to interpret what Jordan was going to say. Maybe he didn't cheat, maybe what Mitch had convinced me was a complete lie.

Why had I believed Mitch in the first place? I thought. What was I thinking? Jordan isn't one to be like that. 

Hopefully he moved out of this city. 

The bell to the Starbucks entry dinged, and I glanced at the door, and it only took me one glance to comprehend who it was.

"Speak of the devil," I cursed under my breath, grabbing my purse quickly and quietly, wanting to avoid any attention, especially from Mitch.

I slid out of the chair as fast as I could, playing with the hair on my left side to cover my face. I exited through the door.

I sighed in relief as I managed to duck away from Mitch's sight through the window, but I saw him glance at me quickly, so I ran.

"That lying little son of a fuck," I muttered under my breath, trying to travel faster.

"Wait! Wait up!" I heard a voice call behind me. Shit! Just keep walking! I thought, increasing my pace even more.

I thought I had lost him when suddenly I felt a hand grip my shoulder and turn me around, and I found myself staring at the one and only, Mitchell Hughes.

"R-Rose?" he murmured, before shaking his head. "Sorry, it's just, you remind me of... Someone that I... Sorry. W-what's your name?" he asked tentatively, taking his hand off of my shoulder.

"Uh-um, Mia," I replied quickly, saying my mother's name, the first that had popped into my head.

"Oh, well, Mia, you're very beautiful," he said, shoving his hands in his pockets and rocking back and forth on the balls of his heels. He smirked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Well aren't you direct," I muttered under my breath, trying to slip away. I turned around on my heel and kept walking.

"Wait!" he called, rushing up to me again. I groaned internally, rolling my eyes and turned back around. "Do you want to grab a drink with me?"

"Nope, sorry, just had one," I answered quickly.

"Let me at least get your number," he instantly said after.

I narrowed my eyes at him and smirked slightly. "Sorry, I don't give my phone number out to players, especially ones like you," I said, a hint of annoyance in my tone. I was still mad at him for making me believe that Jordan was such a horrible person.

"Come on," he pushed on, a smirk still present on his face. "I'm a nice guy, I promise, just hand me your phone and I'll put in my number."

He attempted to reach for my phone, and he ended up holding one end of it, while I was still pulling the other end. I tried to tug it out of his grip, but he continued to try and take it.

"Rose!" a voice called out behind me, a few yards away. I turned instinctively, seeing Jordan and Haven hand in hand. I smiled slightly, warmed at the sight of him happy, then I realized what had just happened.

I whipped around back to Mitch's face, a look of shock transforming slowly into an expression of disbelief.

"You're not--" he began to say.

I let the grip of my phone go, letting it clatter onto the pavement, and I ran. I didn't want to have to deal with Mitch right now. That was always my solution: run.

MITCH'S POV

"Rose!" the familiar voice called in me and Mia's direction. What? I thought.

I saw the girl in front of me turn around to face them, then whip back to see the look of shock and disbelief on my face.

It took me a moment to process this. This isn't Rose, she's dead. Even if she was alive, why did she lie about being a girl named Mia? 

"You're not--" I began to say, about to reassure myself that this girl in front of me is not in fact the Rose that I loved.

Before I could finish, she let the grip on her phone go, and because mine was already loose, it fell onto the pavement.

I quickly swooped down and picked it up as I saw the figure keep on running. I don't believe it, that wasn't Rose. 

The phone's lock button must have been pressed from the impact with the ground, and I saw the background. It was the same girl, although she was younger, and she was next to a guy.

And that guy?

Jordan. 

---

A/N Sorry for the kind of boring chapter, it took me a while to write because I was in so much pain... xc And guess what? Six more followers and you guys' reward is coming. c;

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny