Chapter Ten - Reunited

ROSE'S POV

I watched the man drop his cup, and I was about to apologize, but his eyes widened and his bottom lip quivered. "Rose," he whispered quietly, almost quiet enough for my ears not to pick up.

I cocked my head to the side, until my brain took in all of his features. The brown fluffy hair, the deep brown eyes, the slight wrinkle that he's always had on the side of his eye...

It was Jordan, the man who cheated on me, the man who broke my heart and shattered it.

But it was the same exact man that stole my heart and made me fall in love for the first and last time.

I stumbled back, not knowing what to say.

He continued to stare at me, completely awash with shock. Eventually after a few moments, he shook his head and stepped backwards.

He continued to walk backwards, and I heard him mutter, "My apologies, you just... remind me... of somebody that I used to know."

He turned around, but I found myself stepping forward, ignoring the cup that he had dropped still present on the floor. I saw him about to reach the exit, but I did something that almost came to me... natrually.

"Jay," I called out. He stopped in his tracks at the sound of the nickname that only I ever called him. "It's Rose."

JORDAN'S POV

My eyes were wider than ever before, and I swear, I almost fainted as I could feel my face turn pale. Eventually, after seeing almost no change in the girl's expression, I shook my head and walked backwards.

"My apologies, you just... remind me... of somebody that I used to know," I muttered, still dazed of the sudden flash of Rose.

I continued to walk backwards, not wanting to break my eyes off of the girl; the one who looked like my first love.

I eventually tore my gaze away from her, my heart beating loudly and quickly, with my eyes glazed over from tears threatening to spill.

I rushed to leave at the exit door, but I heard her call out, "Jay."

I froze. Jay. Jay. What Rose used to call me, even though I hated it. But I loved her, so I learned to love it too.

My heart stopped. The girl's voice sounded exactly like Rose, but it couldn't be. Rose was gone.

"It's Rose," I heard her say. My heart swelled at her words. I whipped around and ran up to her, shoving past a man obvlivious to what was going on.

I grabbed her into my arms, and I found her snuggled deep into my chest, just like how all of our hugs were. My hands found my way around her waist, and I squeezed her tight, not letting her leave again.

"Please, God, if this is a dream, just let it go on for just a little bit longer, please," I whispered, letting the tears building up inside me fall out in rapid waterfalls.

I felt her grasp around me tighten, and I heard her whisper, "It's not a dream, Jay, I'm here."

HAVEN'S POV

"Rose," the voice said calmly and simply before settling down on the couch.

I froze. Surely she couldn't be the Rose that Mitch and Jordan have had a feud over. That Rose was... dead. She must be a different friend of Jordan's or something.

We continued to talk about both of our lives, although Rose seemed to somehow be neglecting talking about hers. I ignored it, not wanting to sound pushy, and continued to answer her questions involving my inability to see. But she asked a certain question that caught me off guard.

"How do you know what it's like to see if you've never seen before?" she asked simply, as though it were as easy as that.

I hesitated before answering carefully. "Well, to be honest, I don't," I replied slowly, twiddling my thumbs awkwardly before patting Damen gently on the head.

"What?" she immediately asked, confused.

"I had a dream once when I was seven or eight. I could see, or at least what I thought was seeing," I replied wistfully, trying to gather all the remnants of that past dream into my mind, savoring it. 

"Wow," I heard Rose whisper. Was it really that fascinating? I thought. "What happened in it? What did it feel like?" she continued to ask.

"I have been protestant my entire life, so I thought that dream was a gift. From God. In my dream... I could... I could touch things without having to feel around for them first," I began. "I could make out these moving... figures, with my eyes! It was amazing. The doctor I used to talk to about my blindness actually thought that I could see when I was born for about a minute."

After a few more minutes of conversing, Rose abruptly got up, saying she had to leave and go somewhere. I agreed blank-mindedly, still trying to pick up any remnants of my old dream.

After I heard the door slam, I eventually got bored of listening to Damen's panting and waiting for Jordan.

"Hey, Damen, you willing to take me to Starbucks?"

--

A/N Hey guys! This chapter in my opinion was so cute xD

I was planning on uploading another prewritten chapter after this, but I realized that I should probably leave it to upload tomorrow, so that you guys can have a chapter tomorrow as well. c;

And also, in completely unrelated news, my dad let me donate to PewDiePie's charity, and since I donated 15 dollars, I got Garry's Mod, Guacamelee, SpeedRunners, Surgeon Simulator, Probably Archery, QWOP, and State of Decay, all for 15 dollars! :o

lol I have no life.

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!