Epilogue - Colors

hey guys :) i feel like i owe you guys this epilogue for giving me such amazing support, especially on the last chapter that i posted yesterday. thank you all so much. <3 

this is incredibly short, but i think it's cute. i hope you do too. c;

>>HAVEN'S POV<<

"Green, purple, red, white," I stated monotonously, the color book meant for children sitting on the kitchen island in front of me. "Urgh! Damn it... Jordan!" I called out, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes, babe?" his voice said from the hallway entrance. He was much closer than I thought he was, making me jump.

"Were you watching me?" I asked, turning around, raising an eyebrow and smiling. He was standing there smiling lightly, leaning against the wall.

"Hey, you're cute when you try to name colors," he said sweetly, walking towards me. He sat down next to me, leaning over to see what I was looking at. "What are you stuck on?"

"This one," I said, attempting to point at the box shaded a color that always slipped my mind. I moved my finger carefully over to it; I was still working on my hand eye coordination. "I can't remember if that's green or blue."

"Haven, that's yellow," he laughed. I groaned loudly, letting my head fall into my hands.

"Damn it!" I mumbled into my palms. "It's already been three months, and I still can't name all the freaking colors, Jordan."

He wrapped his arms around me, kissing my shoulder as I sat there, frustrated. "It's okay, there's a reason you learn this all when you're a baby, you know."

"Ugh! Still!" I said, raising my head from my hands. "I can read better than I can name colors!"

"I know, and I'm very proud of you for that," he said, kissing my temple lightly. "You're just twenty years late on colors, it's no big deal."

"Oh, shut up, Jordan," I chuckled, pushing him slightly, making him laugh as well. 

I leaned against his shoulder, closing my eyes and breathing in, content with the calm, peaceful atmosphere.

"You know, you still have yet to show me how to play video games..." I said, bringing up the subject once again.

He sighed. "Haven, you know why you're not ready yet," he said, the same thing he said every time I brought up the subject.

"No," I whined. "I'm ready, that movie was three months ago, please," I begged, pouting.

I remembered about a week after my eyes were completely healed from the procedure, Jordan and I watched a movie, and it was a disaster.

"What color is that?" 

"Woah, he's so tall!"

"How can you take a video for two hours?"

"Is that a man or a woman?"

"Woah, he's really good looking."

He grew quite annoyed with the questions, that he eventually stopped it halfway through and went to bed, dragging me with him.

"Plus, I only had my sight for a little over a week! I was curious," I tried to convince him, tugging on his shirt sleeve lightly. "Please? Please, please, please, please," I begged, pouting once again.

He sighed. "How about this. When you master all the colors, I'll teach you how to play MineCraft. Okay?" he compromised.

My shoulders slumped, but I nodded, knowing it wouldn't get better than that. "Fine."

"Okay. Come on, let's get back to this then," he said, swiveling his chair into the direction of the book. "Start from here."

I breathed in, trying to concentrate. "Red, blue, purple, green--"

"That's yellow."

"Fuck. Yellow, pink, white, black, orange--"

"That's gray."

"Shit! Okay. Gray, green--"

"Yellow."

"You know what? Shut up. Yellow, red, pink -- Ow! Papercut!"

i thought this was a cute little epilogue. this was only a total of a little over 660 words, but i thought it was nice.

thanks again, all of you, for all the incredible amount of support you've given me. 

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny