Chapter Twenty - Leaving Edmonton

hahah whoops incredibly late update... ive been procrastinating long enough, time to get this shit done. c;

read the authors note at the end as well please.

>>HAVEN'S POV<<

I opened my eyes, although I was still greeted with the familiar darkness that overwhelmed me. I rolled over onto my side, reaching my hand out to find Jordan.

My fingertips brushed his chest, and I absentmindedly traced my finger along his abdomen, smiling to myself.

Thank you, Jordan, so much. For everything. I thought, but this is payback for all the bad things. I shoved both my hands out with as much force as possible, Jordan easily falling off the bed.

"What the hell," a raspy voice muttered, groaning. "Seriously, Haven?" I laughed loudly at his reaction, crawling over to the other side and reaching my hand out to help him up.

He grasped my hand, and I squealed loudly when I felt him tug harshly, making me fall as well, although he cushioned my fall with his body.

"Ow..." I muttered, digging my nose into his chest. I inhaled deeply, breathing in his scent. "Ew. Go take a shower, Jordan."

He laughed and kissed the top of my head. "I love you, too, Haven."

I giggled more and climbed off, dragging Jordan up with me. "Come on, my mom said she would make us breakfast yesterday night."

He guided me downstairs carefully even though I knew this house better than anybody else. He even tried to carry me downstairs, but I shook off his offer, laughing.

"Good morning, you two," I heard my mother sing, the stove sizzling, Jake and Summer's laughter in the background. "D'you two sleep well?"

"Yes, ma'am, we did," Jordan said, grabbing my hand and kissing my temple.

"Oh, Jordan, I told you to call me Nancy," she laughed, the sound of plates being set on the table ringing through the kitchen.

"Good morning," the gruff voice from behind me said.

I felt Jordan's grip harden as he felt my body tense at the sound of my father's voice.

"Good morning," my voice said stiffly, Jordan clutching my hand harder, making me internally wince.

"Good morning, Mr. Carter," Jordan said politely, turning us around. "Come on, Haven. Let's go eat breakfast."

As we settled down to eat, Summer spoke up. "Oh, yah, Haven, mom told me to make sure to remind you that your flight back to Santa Barbara is tomorrow."

I almost choked on the pancake I was swallowing. "Tomorrow?! I've only been here for a day!"

I heard my mother sigh. "I know, sweetie, but Jordan being the smart boy he is didn't bring much to Edmonton. And I'm sure it would be a lot easier if he boarded the plane back to America with you for safety."

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, I've been on a plane more than once by myself. I'll be fine." I tried to convince her, setting my fork and knife down, slipping a piece of my pancake below the table for Damen to eat.

"Um, also, Haven, don't forget that you sold your house as well." Jordan muttered quietly, not meaning for anybody but me to hear.

"What?!" my sister exclaimed, her boyfriend muttering an 'ow' as his knee hit the table in surprise at his girlfriend's outburst. "Why the hell did you sell it?!"

"Well I didn't think that I would be coming back, Summer!" I retorted, folding my arms and leaning back. "Ugh, god, what am I going to do now?" I sighed, my hands covering my face.