Chapter Seventeen - Burden

>>HAVEN'S POV<<

"Shit," I muttered, completely awash with shock at first, which quickly turned to anger. "What the fuck are you doing here, Jordan?!" I seethed, spitting out his name as though it were venom.

"Wait. What the hell is going on?" I heard Summer ask beside me. There was a silence before she gasped. "You meant this Jordan?! I told you! He is hot!"

I clenched my fists and set my jaw, overcome with such fury and anger towards the man in front of me. "I said, what the fuck! Are you doing here!" 

There was a lingering silence filled with an incredulous amount of tension that dawned over all of us, before I grew even more impatient.

"I'm just going to umm... leave, then," my sister mumbled beside me. "Come on, Jake," she said before I listened to her feet patter away against the ground.

"Well?!" I hissed, not even entirely sure as to why I was so furious towards him. It could be that I was lashing out at him, or he thought it would be easier if he came searching for me, or the mere fact that he had found the note I was hoping he would never find.

"You really don't know me, Haven, if you think I'd let you go that easy," Jordan finally said, his voice low and threatening to crack. 

 "Well you really don't fucking know me," I immediately responded, "if you think that I would think that you coming back here was a good idea."

"It was my choice, wasn't it, Haven?" he hissed back, frustration edging his voice. "You'd think I'd just let you run off, for no particular reason without a fight?"

I breathed deeply and loudly, my face hot. "I ran for a reason," I muttered simply, clenching my teeth and squeezing my eyes shut.

"Well what is it, Haven?!" he bursted out, stomping his foot. "I flew across the entire country and crossed the border to Canada just to find you; don't you think I deserve a tiny little explanation?!"

"Fuck! Off!" I screamed. "I don't understand why you even came here in the first place! And I sure as hell didn't ask for you to come either!"

"That's not what it sounded like in your note!" he yelled. "God damn it, Haven!"

I whirled around, muttering to Damen the command to lead me home. 

>>JORDAN'S POV<<

I clenched my fists and set my jaw as I watched her run away from me yet again. This girl is everything to me, but she's going to be the one who kills me. 

I cursed to myself and slammed my fist against a tree, the bark splitting the sensitive skin on my hand. I slumbed back onto the park bench, suddenly feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.

"You know," a quiet voice said behind me, "I could bring you to her again. That is if you haven't given up on her yet."

I turned my head towards the soft voice, seeing the short teenage blonde girl standing beside me, a much taller male standing behind her.

I sighed. "Are you her sister?" I asked.

She nodded. "She was always a pain in the ass," she said quickly, making us both laugh.

"Yeah? Well hopefully she'll be my pain in the ass," I responded, running my fingers through my hair.

---

"Mom! I'm home! And we have a guest!" Summer shouted into the house, her voice echoing off the walls.

A small ginger woman walked around the corner, acknowledging me by nodding. She looked at Jake -- whose name I learned -- then back to Summer.

She started talking to her in a language I couldn't recognize until the girl rolled her eyes, exasperated. 

"No, mom, Jake is still my boyfriend," she said, sighing, "This is Haven's boyfriend."

Her mom's eyebrows shot up towards the roof, and just then, I heard the sound of feet storming down the stairs.

Haven came flying towards me. "Damn it, Summer!" she yelled before grabbing my arm forcefully and weaving us through the complicated array of furniture, out the back door.

When the door shut, she whirled around in my direction, her eyes ablaze with more fury than before.

"What, the, FUCK!" she screamed. "How many god damn times do I have to fucking tell you! Jordan! You drive me insane!"

As she continued to rant at me, I shoved my hand into my pocket, digging around for the crinkled, folded piece of paper.

"I'm going back to Alberta. Edmonton, to be precise. Don't even think about finding me, because even though it's Canada and we seem to live in igloos, Edmonton is a big city." I said, reading off of her note.

Suddenly, Haven's voice hitched and her speech halted, her face turning pale. "What the hell do you think you're doing," she muttered.

"Well, Haven, I found you, didn't I?" I said. "You'll never find me. Don't trip on an igloo." I continued saying.

"Jordan! Stop!" she yelled.

"Jordan... I love you. There! I said it! Why is that so easy to say when you're not here opposed to saying it face to face?" I continued, even though Haven was still screaming at me.

"Just, shut up!" she shrieked. I didn't doubt that everybody inside the house could hear us.

"Perhaps if I say it out in the open without you here over and over again, then maybe if we ever meet again I can say it to your face. But I highly doubt you'll see me again, nonetheless ever see this note," I hollered over her.

Suddenly, Haven's arms pushed out in front of her, hitting me square in the chest, making me falter slightly and step back.

"Stop!" she screamed, her face now covered in tears. "Stop," she said softer, her voice cracking as she crumpled to her knees and sobbed. "Just... please, stop..." 

I crouched down in front of her, taking her hands in mine. "Stop what?" I asked softly.

"Stop making me feel like shit," she said, her body still shaking. "Stop making me feel this way."

"Why are you fighting it?" I said.

She took in a shaky breath before she said anything. "I'm nothing but a burden, Jordan."

My hands traveled up to her face, making her lift it towards my direction. "Don't you dare say that, Haven," I said. "Because guess what?" There was a long pause before I allowed myself to continue.

"I love you, too."

She stiffened in my grasp, her lips parting slightly in shock. Suddenly, she grabbed the collar of my shirt, balling her hands into fists and propelling herself towards me, enclosing the space between our lips.

---

:) teehee. 

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny