58. The Rainbow to his Rain...

Yelling. There was a lot of it. At first my ears fizzed, sheer silence quickly evolved to sound of muffled talking too hard to decipher, but eventually it started sounding like a male screaming with fury.

I wasnt floating as many people would describe it, I was dressed in a flowing white gown sitting among the grey clouds lost within my thoughts, at peace, when the noises grew. It rung my ear, I was compelled to clamp my hands over. My subconscious knew the voice very well, and it was what allured me to awake from my serene slumber.

"D-Damon?" I called softly, feeling my heart tug a strand by feeling him so close.

"Yes mio amore?" He asked, Damon's husky voice sounding strained.

Voices mashed together, muffled again. Rubbing my eyes hazily, my eyes opened to find Damon caressing my hair back from my face with the yelling coming from directly behind. My ears blocked out all other distractions, focusing on his coal eyes staring down with a burning warmth.

"Nora, mio amore," He says hoarsely, halting all other screams behind. His brows furrowed intensely, lower lip bitten so profoundly I could see the rush of blood under.

"W-what?" I reply rather stupidly, cracking his serious demeanor and making him give a goofy lopsided grin. It seemed to have confused me more.  "What!"

"Youre pregnant love, with our twins," He said indifferently but lovingly, stooping down for a taste of my lips with a hand under the blanket and blouse. My lips creased and froze to the movement of his mouth against mine, eyes wide with neither disturbance or brood.

He was cut short, pulled away as Xavier had yanked him off, strangling and threatening to chock him if it weren't for his talons willing to nip at his neck first. My mind short circuited, reacting on it's own compelling me to rise with great difficulty. "Xavier! Xavier, no, dont! Pour l'amour des anges, S'IL VOUS PLAÎT!"

Ryan and Angel rushed by side in a flash, holding me back from either side with a hand to my shoulder. "Nora s'il vous plaît," Ryan whispered.

"Arrêtez ça! Ce ñ'est pas juste," I cry, bowing my head to rest on his hand atop my shoulder. Althought it burned me to speak for some odd reason, I kept the hurt registered when screaming. "Please Xavier I beg you, spare him! He hasnt been the best of Mate's I admit but he's trying, I swear to God he's trying at least. You wouldnt dare deprive your sister of a husband and your future nieces or nephews of a father to fulfill your vengeance, would you now?"

Damon was going beet purple when Xavier's grip loosen from around his neck. Dropping like a sack, Xavier didnt meet my tear stained gaze when raging out of the room with Zayn behind, trembling with fury. Slamming the door, Mia came around Ryan and drew me into a hug with Angel.

I hated blackmailing; just hated it, hated it, hated it and simply hated it. Emotional especially and on the one person whose been on my side since the beginning of my existence. My bond with Xavier would never cease to be, it was more than a brotherly love. We were blood.

Damon was heaving, soothing his neck on the ground when Ryan aided him to his feet.

"D-Damon?"  I sniffle, pulling away from the layering embrace, and reaching out to get a hold of him. I needed him near to know whether or not he was alright.

The Mate bond was a fickle thing, sometimes out of the wolf's capability to decipher and then at times the most simplest, enlightening sensation you can indulge in.  Whether it was the fact I bearing his children or I was his destined Luna, the feeling of his touch spoke more than mere words.

Damon stepped closer lacing our fingers together, allowing me to guide him down besides me as the remaining beings in the room left. I glazed a finger around his bruised neck, feeling my heart flinch from the impact.

"Dont cry mio amore," A fingertip brushed my wet cheek dry for the second time in a day. Combing my hair with his hand's fingers, he swept my lips of their moisture by pressing his lips to mine. "Its nothing but their love for you. They worry I might-"

"Will you though?" My voice quivers with pain. I could not stand not meeting his eyes. Words were rambling out of my mouth and I allowed it. "Hurt me as if you were to twist my neck, choke me with your cruelty that I cough up my heart, push me away like Im nothing to you?" 

"Never," He shakes his head,holding me to his chest, "Never again. I swear to it."

"You aren't making my love easier you know with all you say or promise, I need to see changes." I whisper softly, pulling away and the hand around his neck to bump our head into one another's.

"And I promise to show you in all due time mio amore or sooner, or even as soon I get the opportunity," A warmth gust of his breathe fanned me.

"You cant change by just awaiting for chances Damon, you need to make them appear to you somehow. You might not know this but I wont be able to feel comfortable with you until you dont come clean, changing certain aspects of your life and are willing to talk to me openly. I need you Damon, now more than ever," Laying a palm to my flattened belly, looking up to his eyes cleared of his hazy daze as if he finally understood how grave everything between us was becoming. "I dont think Ill be able to breathe again if you werent too. Loving you isnt either easy or natural for me."

Reaching for the end of the sheet, he climbs under, pulling it over us both again as he helps me down against his hardened chest. His arms enfold me from around, holding me while my glassy eyes grew numb. "Ill always come back to you Nora whether Im at death's door or just rooms apart. You arent just my savior angel in the form of my Mate but my home. Wherever you are or go Nora, is my home."

Tears of relief streamed my face. I wasnt going to be left pregnant with his child rotting in a cell as I predicted. It wasnt inevitable. How the thought eased my tensed muscles giving me a new found urge to purse life differently with clearer specks. I could have that family I wanted with a loving Mate, a few kids of our own and a loving Pack. Okay, so maybe his Pack would be in need of being... altered.

'It means my dear sister, you,' Xavier had grasped my shoulders back when I was visiting, 'are on the early stages of falling in love.'

Maybe I could be. It's not like it comes with a warning label attached saying, Beware! You might become seriously hospitalized or pregnant with symptoms of love sickness for life... Proceed with caution.

Damon shifted uncomfortably. "Does that mean I have to remove the-" he left the end clipped on purpose, gesturing down with his lingering gaze in the direction of the sheet and between my woven legs.

I shrug nonchalantly. "I mean, if you can handle it."

...

Hello again fellow readers! (Owlettes)

Next update might take some time but it should be up in all due time since I got shifts for the next upcoming three weeks.

This is pretty short, I know, but the next will be longer. Hopefully.

The Author;

xbookgirlx15