6. The Proposal...

I awoke from the darkness, to hear some soft and some loud murmurs revolving around me, giving me an instant headache. My eyes remain shut as I feel a soft hand stroking my hair back. Another hand was enclosed around mine.

I tried hearing the conversations but they were so loud that it made my headache worsen. It like hearing a symphony of whispers at the same time. I let a groan escape my dry lips and the hand around my mine tightened.

"Guys, Ssshhhh," Mia's angelic voice said, immediately silencing the others.

The other person's hand who was stroking my hair stopped for a second, while another hand rested on my forehead. "Nora. Open your eyes please."

I recognize the voice as Angel's and her soft-textured voice pleading for me to wake up, breaking my heart. I never heard her want anything just as bad so hearing her right now filled me with great sadness. I allow my eyes to flutter open, the headache worsened by the second.

My eyes peeled open to see Angel's concerned filled eyes and her loose hair tied up into a messy bun behind her back. I look beside her, to see Mia holding my left hand in a tight grasp with an encouraging smile plastered on.

Behind them all I caught sight of familiar pastel mint tainted room, my large windows drawn shut with the help of the curtains and the lights popping. I look down to see myself in the same peachy outfit, laying in my bed with the sheets hanging below my chest.

I glanced down to my now pale left hand which was facing up and was drawn across my side, over the covers with a long IV tube sticking out of my forearm. I wince when I try to move myself into a sitting positioning against the headboard, feeling a sting ring up all the way to my shoulder.

"Nora, lay back," Xavier pushes my shoulder back gently, making me lay back on the bed. He drew the sheets up to my waist. "You need to rest."

He took a seat by me while Zayn walked over to Mia and remained by her side with one hand deep in his pocket and the other on her shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze. His expression just as same as Mia's, tired and worried but Zayn had trances of anger flushing his face as well.

Ryan comes over too and stands behind Angel on the same side -she drops her hand away from my face as she grasped into his arm, with a small smile.

They say nothing while Christina enters the room with a tray full of food. A single apple rolled off the tip of the bowl, tossing around tray with the sway of her movement. "Finally, you're awake!"

"Well, I'm not totally awake yet Christina," I say through gritted teeth, holding back tears from my headache, shutting my eyes.

"Don't worry Nora, I've mind-linked the doctor to come and catch up on you." Zayn said softly in his usual melodious voice.

"Really Zayn? I don't need one," I lie, still with my eyes still shut. Who was fooling me? A gentle knock on the door grabs my brother's and their Mate's attention.

"Come in," Xavier's said using his Alpha tone, gently brushing some of my dark hair away from my face. He was looking tired, a bit more than the others as I locked his washed eyes with mine.

A male, in about his late 20's, wearing dark jeans and a pale grey shirt -that was loose and rolled up to his elbow, exposing his muscles came in carrying a black brief cases.

"Good Evening Alphas and Lunas," he bowed his head, before scurrying his way toward me. Xavier stood up and gave his spot to him to sit down on.

"Evening Nora. I'm Dr.O'Brien. " he sat down besides placing brief case down in the floor. His voice was deep as Xavier's and light as Ryan. His jawline was sharp with high cheekbones, making any girl want him, even June who wouldn't shut up about how much she worshiped her Mate.