44. The Coming to Truth...

"Also Nora. I know you might think of me as a low life despicable creature with no morals, but just know this. I was the one to carry Leila and to hand her over to the Omegas. I watched their repulsive eyes when feasting at the sight of my baby sister wailing and squirming in my three year old self's arm. I was to also to inform them of who she was, the mighty Beta's daughter so then they could rip her limb by limb but I resisted. I didnt utter a word about who she was or why she was given.

"I handed her to the eldest lady in the group and told them if she was to be killed, Id hunt them all down myself personally and shoot up silver ash dust into into their heads by the nose. Never again from that day did I interfere with her life, well, at least not until the day Damon appointed her as his personal Omega. I knew he'd never lay his hands on her for she was an Omega but it didnt prevent me from being anxious for her when around the Pack."

...

"NORA!" Kaden greeted with wide outstretched arms, taking long swift strides ready to enfold me just as I stepped through the threshold into the white porcelain tiles. He held the embrace for some time before letting go. The memory of earlier meeting was certainly forgotten or least pushed aside.

"Nora." Hunter acknowledged, coming around from the twirling golden brass staircase. From the underlining of his dress shirt to the clinging button down vest and tie, he was dressed entirely in black. Suits from what I knew weren't a thing for Hunter, for a Delta used to sweats, shorts, and roaming freely shirtless.

His brother, Kaden for once was in a bleached shade of grey and a slightly loose fitting white undershirt, which appeared very unlike  Kaden to me. It was as if they were meant to be opposites of one another.

The warm yellow glow of the chandelier darkened the boyish expressions of Hunter. Jogging down, he came to besides his brother and inclined his head a second again.

As he did, I gestured the recognition with a bob of my head. His lips were pursed tightly, creases crowned his temple and he looked in no shape to speak. Tiredness strained those dark coffee eyes of his.

"So Kaden. What is this all for again?" I say, trying to get lighten the quietness amongst us.

To my shock it was Hunter to give a wheeze. "Its his big, old 20th today. Damn bastard's been on this earth's surface for 20 years now."

I rose an astounded eye while Kaden gave a humorless howl of laughter, appreciate of his brother's wicked boldness. "I wouldn't blame you for being envious little brother. I am older to you and under this roof, I am the one to draw the cards. You might as well be thanking me from keeping the responsibility from falling on you."

The razor sharpness edge in Kaden's tone was clearly distinguishable, as well as the tense forming in between them. Something was up and it certainly wasnt good.

Hunter seemed to have an unwarranted anger resting in the dept of his eyes, to which Kaden couldn't be anymore indifferent than he already was. To some extinct, he appeared rather unfazed from the idea of two brothers drifting apart.

"Now Nora, I don't recall complimenting you on your stunning arrival," Kaden turned to me, dismissing Hunter's glaring stares.

"I rather dive into the Arctic Ocean and take my chances swimming to Canada than you compliment my womanhood," I remark unhesitatingly.  

Another howl. "Nora, Nora, Nora," Kaden smirked amusingly, hands tucked into the folds of his pockets. "I would love to stay and learn the details of what gave you such a thought but I have an event to host. Hunter can show you around in meantime," his eyes perked in my direction.