25. The Christmas Sprirt...

"Bella," Leila whispered on awe, covering her mouth in delight. Her eyes twinkled as they ran over me, squealing in joy.

"It's not much, but I like it. It's nice, don't you think?" I ask her, giving a little twirl and then a following curtsy.

"Anchio!" She laughed, leaning over.

"What does that mean?" I raise an eye at her as I turn towards the mirror to see myself.

"It means me too. I also like it." I fidget with the belt of the dress, hoping it would rest better on my torso than my chest. "You know, it'll be better if you learn Italian soon. Everyone here speaks it. It the main language of the Pack."

"I know, but how do I learn? I have no teacher and I myself haven't heard anyone speak it," I acknowledge, playing with my hair in the mirror.

Maybe if I part it from both sides, I tell June -who was lazily dozing off in the back of my mind like the lazy ass she is.

"They don't speak it with you my Luna," she said reluctantly, twirling with her thumbs. "They choose to speak English with you because-,"

She trailed off, sighing heavily. I study her expression carefully from the reflection. Avoiding eye contact, fidgeting with her fingers, mouth twitching. Bad news alert. "Please carry on." I promote, even though I knew I would regret it.

"Because it was an order by Alpha Damon," she whispered in an inaudible voice, which luckily I caught the second it came out from the tip of her mouth.

I was thinking of a response, and I had one ready but I kept mum. It wasn't her fault. "So, what's your overall say about the dress?"

"It's fabulous," she chirped, rising from the bed. It was a nice bright red dress with a high neck, elbow high sleeves and a thick adjustable waist belt with a dangling golden zipper. The skirt ended a bit lower from my private parts but the black net tights covered them well all the way down to my feet, where they meet my pencil heels.

It was elegant as well as casual, so I approved of it fairly quickly the second my eyes landed on it. "Do you want me to help you with your hair my Luna?"

"Um no thanks, I'm good." I shake my head with a kind smile. "Go get yourself ready."

"Okay," Leila sprang from the bed and made her way to the exit. She paused a foot away from threshold for a brief second. "The straighter and curlers in the second drawer along with all the other hair styling products."

I nod while taking a seat in front of my dresser, and she leaves, gentling tapping the door behind her. Luckily for the past 2 days, Leila's helped me hunt down the perfect dress for my Pack appearance, buy and pack all the gifts on my given list, have them shipped. and helped me write over a dozen Joyeux Noel letters.

She was like an Angel from heaven I swear. Damon had been on the night shift for the last 2 days, so I never saw him but it wasn't me complaining here. June was ripping and thrashing to get control, but I held my restraint tight, receiving a major headache and mouthful of curses in return.

Alas, there was no escaping him here. As much as I was anxious for the appearance, I was more stressed when I couldn't remember my mom's necklace that Xavier had gifted me. My head even hurt way to much for me to think so after shedding a couple of tears and messaging Lia for aid, I did my under eye makeup again to cover the mascara stains.