47. The Complications...

The air stunk with heat from the overcrowding and popping buttery goodness. The place was packed. People here were with their families; husbands, wives and some a few with kids. Others, especially the ones in their teens were here with their gang of friends, some with their boyfriend or girlfriend looped through their arms.

"A Quiet Place or Truth or Dare?" Lia asked, her red french beret flopping to her side when she turned her head in my direction.

"Huh, say what?" I reply, snapping my eyes from a young couple seated in the tables by the concession stand with their hands linked under the table, staring into one another's eyes as they sipped their coffees.

One arm loomed around my waist, the other hand's finger were busily twirling the glass of my pendant like I did always when I was zoned out. I had nearly forgotten we were standing in line to purchase the tickets to a movie we had yet to choice.

"For Christ's sake. Have you become deaf living in that Pack of imbeciles?" She grumbled, flicking my head with her fingers.

"Ouch!"

"You should be enjoying my company Nora, not ogling couples who are ready to go full out in making love over the table in a cinema hall," She frowned, seeing my cheeks blushed. The couple were now sucking at each other's face despite the table separating them, coffee forgotten on the ground. You could visibly see the movement of the couples' tongue bulging in one another's mouth, no wolf sight needed. Parents covered their children eyes as they passed. "Your sex life cant be that sad."

"It's beyond complicated. Dont get me started." I sigh, adjusting my bag's strap on my shoulder. It was impossible to keep my bag from sliding down from my sweater. It was a medium sized red knit sweater I wore with spandex tights, leather black skirt to mid thigh and honey ankle boots.

"I drove 4 hours in traffic from the SilverRose Pack to come here into this forsaken Pack to be with you and you can't share express what's bothering you besides saying it's too complicated." We stepped closer to the booth.

We were in a town on the borders of RedBlood Pack and where the SilverRose Pack under Ryan's justification began. Lia had to be sneaked in. This was the only most safest place for both of us to meet without suspicions and inquiry from both Packs. I had told Leila I was meeting some new friend I had made in one of the neighboring Pack houses. Luckily the name I created turned out to be an actual person whom Leila knew.

"Lia I never meant it like that. Everything about Damon is naturally complicated. He's either here, caring for me like I mean the world to him and the next, he has me disposed and forgotten to be with his ex. He's making it complicated. Every second is torture with him! Why can't he just love me like my Mate, that I don't know but it wouldn't hurt him to give some damn respect. His ego be damned, I just want him to treat me like a person.

"A person with real emotions and feelings not of stone, a person who can get wounded with words just as much as actions. Not any an object he feels free to break whenever he desires. I'm just as human and breakable as he is. Nothing I do will ever help him. It's like a never ending game of pleasing the heartless Alpha you know."

"Oh Nora. Im sorry." Lia squeezed my fist by my side, sympathy softening her face. "For the future know this, I will beat him into a pulp before burying his sorry ass in a grave of dog shit."

I laugh, smiling sadly at her. "Oh my God Lia."

"That's the least he deserves from me. I should be giving you some exterminator's number so you can get rid of that pest yourself." Lia pointed, advancing in line. "Okay enough about horse face. A Quiet Place or Truth or Dare? And don't you dare think of saying Fifty Shades Freed if you still want both of your eyes to in their sockets"