27. The Attack...

Damon's POV;

Seeing her fight was an odd talent that I hadn't anticipated in any way possible. Especially from a girl so petite and agile looking like her. Dylan seemed more infuriated rather than impressed, by the thought of his Mate fighting savage werewolves by herself where I was the opposite.

After ripping yet another throat, I had caught a glimpse of a blur of red from the top of the foyer, flipping over with the aid of her attacker's arm and striking a hard blow at him afterwards. Her inhuman eyes radiated her familiar golden brown and then dissolved completely into a strong shade of pure gold strangely similar to mine.

I couldn't view her face since she flipped over and her hair was scattered over her face but when her opponent kicked her off her feet and they both fell over, her deep chocolate hair was thrown back.

She laid on her back and turn to her side, cradling her elbow from a past injury most likely. My eyes widen when I recognized the red blur -which was a dress, but my Mate's dress.

Our Mate just took down 2 attackers by herself, I inform Dylan -slightly impressed. I mean, if she worked on her angle and directed it more to his eye she could probably knock him like the other one before.

Why is dealing with them when her Mate is an Alpha -who for the record, is busying staring at her ass from behind as she runs away, Dylan said. When I realise my eyes were indeed on her ass, I hung my head in defeat as Dylan laughs victoriously.

Shaking my head and inhaling a deep breathe, I jump over the ledge and land with a roll and then my legs. I rise, dusting my tuxedo and using my werewolf sight to caught her running into the hall to the kitchen.

Taking the another secret route from behind a large painting of a bowl with pears, I managed to arrive by the area between the stairway and kitchen before she herself could arrive.

Leaning against the wall awaiting silently, I shut my eyes for a brief second just till her scent came close enough me to drag her into the darkness. Her scent was different than the rest of the girls no doubt, stronger yes but also just different. It was more like freshly plucked red roses drenched in water with an additional scent of vanilla just to empathize the scent of roses a bit more.

I didn't know if it was a mutual Mate to Mate thing, but her scent drove me crazy, to the edge crazy. Like I actually awaited to come home just so I could get some more of her scent. Or you could say it was more of an addiction. God, Dylan has made me so cheesy for the past few days.

Her scent inched closer by the second and the second she was turned backwards, I grabbed onto her elbow -accidentally the one had that was injured- and pull her into the dark.

Pressing her against the wall, I was about to ask about the elbow when she sent her foot jamming down on mine. "What the heck is your problem?"

Her inhuman eyes resolve into their normal state. "If you hadn't had grabbed me like that, I wouldn't have done that either!" She retorts.

I hear some distance footstep so I instinctively press a finger against her lip to silent her and wrap my arm tighter. Surprisingly, the sounds of the fighting had seized and so had the footstep, leaving a cold dead silence. "Follow me."

Leading the way, carefully looking over each corner twice, she broke into a whole rant about how 'I'm Alpha and I should be helping the others.' "We can't save everyone! The Warriors will deal with them." I growl tiredly.