65. The Fear...

Damon's POV

Even the birds had stopped humming despite it being one of the warmest night in ages. The tree and its creatures were heavily quiet, as if they knew the monstrosity it was harboring.

We all stood in a line; Xavier a foot forward with Zayn, Ryan and I flanking him from around. The dirt beneath our feet was feeling too dry to be good and very disgusting.

For Nora, for our kids, I recalled, thinking it would give me a sense of purpose.

"The men are ready at your word, Xavier," Ryan said, eyeing the grassy clearing before us. There was a section of land between the Packs that was unclaimed for millennials now, because of the treacherous cliffs that weren't too far off, which made it ideal for our attack. Although we had no idea whether we were surrounding them or they were surrounding us, it would be a deathly thrill to see who become the prey. No one really used this land and it was better off unused, the land too unpredictable for using as if it had its own mind.

We had a hunch they would come here and had gambled heavily on it since we had no idea of their origin. It was because of where the dead bodies appeared on the map, had we an idea of where they could come from, otherwise this wretched Alpha left nothing to trace. Besides, this was the only secluded place where the screams of the victims could go unheard.

"Are those masks?" Zayn asked bewilderedly, leaves scrunching under his foot. Indeed, an army of masks, with glimmering white covering half the faces and the eyes that shouldn't have been that alarming shade of red they were, could be see hidden among the barks of the evergreen trees. It brought back memories of the attack night, during Nora's Pack appearance when she was struck on the back of the head and thrown off the rooftop to be caught by me.

"Yes." Xavier snapped, "I've mind linked the men to start canvassing the area around them. Soon they'll be surrounded."

"Xavier," I say with a warning. Unlike Christmas night were my Pack and I had the upper hand, something felt off here. It was that gut feeling. Despite over 10,000 of us being here, it felt too easy to just spot them among a few branches. "Xavier, abort."

"What?"

"I said to abort," I was saying just as the ground gave a lurch and we were sucked in. We went tumbling like mothballs and struck the hard metal flooring with a rather sickening crunch of our bones. Groaning, I opened my eyes to see the forest floor going back up on its hinges. The earthen floor was replaced with a stainless metal ceiling and locked into place. "I did say to abort."

"Just shut it Damon."

"Ah welcome! Welcome," The other three were already standing when I rose to my feet just as the last of my spinal cord snapped back to its place. I was quite bloody with the gashes of falling, feeling the pain of not wearing a shirt. "So thrilled you people could make it."

"So youre the sick fuck in charge?" Zayn growled, talons extending to its fullest lengths.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance surely," he bothered to acknowledge with a rise of his darkened brows and a cluck of his tongue. "Oh. Quite inappropriate of me, Alpha Zach at your service for those who don't know me. Although," Zach turned to Xavier, "You knew."

Ryan, Zayn and I exchange a glance to Xavier who stood rigid as a poster board. I couldn't recognize him from anywhere, in fact, no one I knew had his long silver hair streaked with a glossy shine under the tube lights and tied loosely behind him. He looked in his late 20's, dressed in a white dress shirt with rolled sleeves and his hands in the pockets of his dark trousers. Bared in his inner forearm, was inked the same burning rings as my own.

His charcoal eyes meeting my own when noticing where my gaze had been. "This is not the time to be observant Damon," Zach crooned.

Dylan wanted to snarl in retort. Zach appeared to study me with feline amusement before his expressions darkened. "I had asked you once where was your Mate Alpha Damon and I can see you haven't done much to keep her safe again. Pretty pathetic really, I wanted you to keep her protected so it could be a challenge for me to steal."

"Nora has nothing to do with this," growled Zayn, canines snapping. "Keep her out."

I couldn't bring myself to say anything, when Zach resumed. "She'd be an excellent candidate, so young and bright with life."

Anger was rushing my veins from the thought of her being here when she should've been at the safe house. Luckily I had dosed myself with a dilution of WolfsBane to keep some of the pain or wounds from transferring to Nora. But if only the WolfsBane could dampen my fear.

Zach shook a lock away from his face. "Pregnant too, from I heard. She'll be here soon, don't fret. I sent someone to retrieve her, they're just taking long."

...

Its only been a week into summer and I can't. Ugh. Another day at work, SAVE ME.

Anyone read Four Dead Queens? I'm so hooked within 50 pages, and going to devour it within hours.

Also, also; ONLY 3 more UPDATES LEFT!!
(I know right. Finally we're concluding)

The Author;
xbookgirlx15

P.S. GRADE 12 HERE I COMEEEEEEEEE