4. The Meeting...

"Shit, shit, shit, shit,shit," I cuss out in a string of words as I open the front door and slam it shut, panting.

When you have friends like Lia, never expect to be one time! After having coffee at the java with Lia and Jordan, Jordan left after finishing his coffee and insisting on paying for us, and then when I was going to leave to go home, aha nope!

Lia drags my ass shopping for shoes and boxes of chocolate. Her case was that, it was just that time of month so she need to stock up on sweets. Yeah, I know, "stock up".

When I inquired about the shoes, she went on about how heels are uncomfortable after maybe 4-7 uses and how girls can never have enough shoes.

After wasting my time shopping when I driving to leave for home, she said she needed to stop by McDonald's because she didn't have time to the gym for her "6 packs".

After waiting at the drive-thru for about 45 mins, and after dropping Lia home, whose house was another 30 mins away, I arrive home at 2:55. 5mins too early...

"Nora! Where in hell where you?!" Xavier screams, rushing out parlor which he had turned into his study that was located on the left hand side of the front door.

He was now dressed in loose fitting jeans with a grey V-shape neck shirt and leather jacket over -his simple metal chain dancing around his neck as he walked.

Ryan and Zayn follow, wearing something similar. They all had dead-serious expressions as if they had been struck in the face by a frying pan.

"I got caught up with notes for my history test, that I got from Lia." I rumble up some words, which ended up forming a lie.

"Sorry." I mutter by the end, not even recognizing my own small voice that was paralyzed with anxiety.

Zayn and Ryan tension dies down with the lie but Xavier didn't seemed to look the slightest  bit convinced.

"Nora!" Christina hollers from the top of the stairs, still in her navy blue dress and pencil-tipped heels. "Xavier, later please."

He turns back to look at me, "Hurry," Xavier grunts, his eyes turning back to their own brown colour.

I nod and run up the stairs to Christina, who pushes me away from railing toward the hallway to my room.

I catch a glimpse of my brothers looking at me with their faces painted mixed emotions; Anger, worry, anxiety, tension and most of all fear, all for me.

"Where in the hell have you been?" Christina whispered, furiously with her hands pushing me from behind toward my room.

"Okay, fine. I won't lie to you, I wasn't getting notes from Lia. I was stuck with her shopping for shoes and chocolate because apparently her case that it was just that time of month," using air-quotation, "so she needed to stock up on sweets."

She stopped pulling me toward my room and spun me around, to look into my eyes to check if I was lying with her arms crossed against her chest.

"I'm being seriously honest with you Christina, I'm not lying. Call and ask Lia if you want," I say tiredly with a wave of my hand, trying to walk away but she places a hand on shoulder to stop me.

It was as if all the tension straining her face had been drained down the drain, replacing it with her usual kindness.

"Nora, you know me. I'm not your overly obsessed and protective as your brothers, especially like Xavier. It's just I care you for and when it has Alphas involved, especially Alpha Damon of the RedBlood pack, it instantly gets more serious." she said in a softer, more motherly tone.