26. The Unexpected Guest...

"How many glasses have you had?" Kaden wondered in astonishment, jumping on the bar stool next to mine.

The coat of his tuxedo was open, showing off how badly wrinkled his once pressed dress shirt was in over a few hours with purple blisters from previous love bites. I drain the glass in hand before replying.

"A couple," I hiccup after the glass hits the counter top of the bar. I giggle as my feet began to sway side to side, sort of like Stephanie's hair had before she had trudged away after hearing my rejection. Kaden didn't look convinced so I add, "Maybe enough to be at the border line of being considered drunk.

"Oh another round of shots please," I order dozily as the young bartender passes by with an empty tray. He gives me an empty look and glares at Kaden before taking a gentle bow and returning to get the shot glasses afterwards. He lines them up horizontally in front of me with the bottle of vodka in his hand but he doesn't start pouring till after Kaden releases a heavy sigh and nods briefly.

After he walks away, I turn to him with a frown. "Why did he have to get your permission for pouring me shots?"

He sips his nearly empty glass of whiskey, before tracing the rim with his thumb. "You can't blame him. A -you've been here at the bar for over 45 minutes, and B -no one besides me and Damon himself knows you're the Luna of this Pack."

"And Stephanie," I mutter under my breathe before draining another shot, its burning sensation giving me a jolt of energy like an injection of caffeine.

"Stephanie?" he choked. An usual glint sparked in his eye at the mention her name. "What about her?"

"Oh nothing I can't handle," I said, grasping another ready shot glass. I drain its content as Kaden observed my unchanged expression. "She had a proposal for me but don't fret. I rejected it."

"What type of proposal?" His expressions grew dark as swerved his stool to face me directly. The music of the other orchestra playing on the other side of the room grew distance as the drinks went down. Now it was a low hum, with Kaden's face starting to blur and mix with colour of the light. I erupt into a fit of giggles. "Your face looks like all funny with all thos-"

"Nora," he seized my wrist with his voice growing lower and deeper. "What was her proposal?"

I giggle again. "You're funny when you're mad. Your nose is all red like Rudolph's!"

"Who in the heck is Rudolph now?" He asked, releasing my wrist frustratingly.

"Rudolph the red nosed reindeer! How have you not heard him? He saved Christmas you know," I scold seriously, grabbing the countertop.

"Did he now?" he said sounding slightly irritated while sipping another sip of whatever he had.

"Y-yes!" I exclaim, trying to stand up on my stool. "W-with his big shiny red nose."

"What in the heck are you doing now?" Kaden slammed his glass down on the counter, so he could use both hands to bring me down from my stool. "What were you thinking!"

"If you don't know who he is," I point at him and then at myself, "then I have to tell everyone about him. A-about how he saved us all with red nose of this!"

"What did you have?" He asked alittle breathlessly as my hands locked behind his neck. 

"Something," I wink, laying my lips briefly on his cheek before taking a seat again. He remained standing, looking at me like I was the world's most confusing puzzle.