51. The Glorious Dawn...

Damon's POV;

Sunlight was beaming in through the glass window and reflecting around the room like fragments of glass shards. The curtains of lace swayed like a feather swindling in the wind, the silence utterly beautiful this time of morning.

Nora had been lightly snoring when dreaming peacefully in my arms. Somehow throughout the night Nora had rolled into my embrace, her chest wrapped with the bundle of sheets, her head now resting on my chest and long hair sprayed behind her, scattered on the pillow. She hadn't tossed or turn when enfolded in my arms. She looked as if though she hadn't a good night's sleep before, her chest heaving up and down with fatigue.

She looked at peace, an angel in resting and why not? This women clutched in my arms was the reason I could move on and forget the history shared between my mom and the Alpha of the Pack. She never hated me. She never did.

'What do you feel like? What should you be doing right now?' I tightened the hand on her neck, burying my face even further in her chocolate waves, loosing myself to her sweetly rose scent. The shivers she sent by holding me erupted into burst of tingles.

She didn't hesitate, her eyes setting heavily on my shoulder. 'Loving you,' she said a in low voice, half muffled by my shoulder. 'Loving you, knowing you'll break my heart either way, someway being the Monsieur Alpha-Damon-Romano you are and the fact that I cant change you from the person you choose to be.'

What have I done to deserve her? The Moon Goddess could be a sun fucking bitch on crack at times and I couldn't understand why she does what she does, but if this wasn't her generosity, I don't know what was. She gifted me a Pack that I fucked up big time, she entrusted me power which I abused to my heart's content, she gave me money which I learned to squandered a long time ago, but she granted me a Mate of significance. How I love that sun-fucking bitch on crack.

A realization of my aches slowly dawned me, the thought thickening my blood. This unusual aching of the limbs was of hers, not mine. I did it again last night, the Alpha dominating thing I always do. How could I expect Nora to forgive what I did to her last night, she was in heat but I didnt take her consent into consideration when ending it.

'D-D-Damon,' she had whimpered.

I could scream from frustration at this point but I refrain and end up shaking my head, sighing heavily to myself. Even Dylan was whimpering with remorse. Nora began to stir in sleep, probably when I had stopped stroking her hair from behind her ear.

My ears perk when I catch a gentle single tap on the door. As much as I didnt want too, I was compelled to roll Nora off and over to the other side of the bed, where she instead of holding my shirt pulled the dismantled sheets closer.

My eyes had grown heavy around half past one the previous night, and I awoke this morning, Nora was safely cuddled within my arms, sleeping like the dead. I had plenty of time to freshen up in the attached bathroom and wear the same clothes as last night before going back into bed to lay aside a snoring Nora.

I open the door to find Ryan with bed messy hair, a fist hanging by the door ready to knock again. "Oh, glad you heard. I wasn't in the mood to come barging in through the door to find you in the middle of searching for your underwear."

I step out, shutting the door behind as softly as I could.

"Ive been dressed since 6," I confess, crossing one arm under another. "J-just had to write something."

His eyes softening, as if he perfectly understood. "Damon. I know the type of guy you are; the life of a party, the one to live the grandest life in lush, the one to... get all the girls," He appeared to have to choke the words out of himself. "But Xavier, Zayn and I have only one sister. Xavier's probably said this to you before, with some aggression since that is really his style being the oldest grumpy Alpha, but this is how I want you to remember it Mr.Romano; don't, do, anything that will turn our only sister into a living corpse.