Chapter 21

The alarm sounded far too soon. I slapped my hand around on top of the cabinet in the hope of shutting it up and not having to open my eyes. Two minutes later someone was very awake and I don't mean the baby. I giggled as he nibbled my ear and certain parts of his anatomy was standing to attention in full morning glory.

"As much as I would love to continue with this I have a delivery," I said.

"You set your alarm half an hour early so you can think of me," he reminded me making me blush.

"Yes I do but that does not include delivery day... stop kissing my ear," I said feeling my resolve weaken.

The door banged open and in walked Theo. I looked over to see the terrified and confused look on his face, along with the open mouthed silent cry which was about to turn into hysterical screams. Edward launched out of bed naked to pick him up and brought him back to the bed.

Theo screamed as predicted, it was heartbreaking as he scanned the room looking for his mummy as he screamed, 'Mama! Mama!'

Edward soothed him in his own language and cuddled him close. I tried to smile at him but he screamed at me making strange, so I snuck out of the bed to fetch his bottle and let Edward calm him.

I returned just as he was calming. I passed Edward his bottle and some baby porridge as I knew he loved that and some food might help settle him and remind him where he is. Edward let him settle a bit more with his bottle and a cuddle whilst the porridge cooled. He just sat there cuddling him as Theo sniffled and occasionally caught his breath, which made him cry again.

Edward held him as he spoon-fed him cereal. Usually Theo was very independent but this morning he just lay back in Edwards arms and let him spoon feed him whilst Edward played him a video on his phone that Theo watched and calmed down.

"I'm going down stairs," I whispered so as not to distract Theo from his video or breakfast.

"He escaped," Piers said as I walked through the front room.

"I noticed," I said. "Edward is fine with him. Go back to bed," he looked shattered.

"I can't Gerard is going in for surgery we have to leave to see him," he said.

"Let me just take this delivery and I will take Theo off your hands," I replied.

"I'll get dressed and come help you," he offered.

"It's ok I can manage," I said.

"I will still come and help, plus I need coffee... lots of coffee," he yawned. "Theo can climb out of that cot so we need to be careful and take his toys out or he uses them to climb on, flip himself over and escape."

"Ok we will sort something out. He made strange this morning and screamed at me so I am staying out of the way," I said.

"He is used to lying with Edward and watching his childrens programmes. I think Edward uses it as an excuse to watch them," he said making me laugh. "Waking up in England without his parents is a bit of a shock for him."

The bell rang... the delivery was early. Shit!

I was taking the delivery a few minutes later when a naked Theo ran into the kitchen chased by Edward.

"YEEEEEEEEEY!" Theo squealed and ran through to the shop. "Dud... Dud.,." he said to Edward pointing at everything. He started to clap and stamp his feet with excitement as he recognised the place.

"He is so cute," I said as I watched him run around touching everything. Hugging chairs, banging the glass of the soft play area and shouting to Edward in French to open it.