Chapter 19

When it came time to leave and go back home my heart felt the weight of leaving him behind. The night before I left we had hugged each other tight in bed and wished the morning would never come. We both knew it would be a while before we saw each other again. Maybe even months given his schedule and I would have to arrange cover for the shop if it meant flying back to Monaco. He told me to keep a bag packed in case he got a chance to see me as he would send a car from the airport to collect me. We had sat in the car on the way to my flight in silence. It was as though we were easing into the separation period. I know I felt heartbroken and I could tell by the silence and sorrowful look on his face that he felt the same. It was not as though he was just going to work for a few hours and would be back later that night... it could be months.

The car seemed to be travelling too fast and the traffic was too clear so we were there in no time, so much for being held up in traffic. I tried to smile at him with the 'we are here then' smile but the tears filling my eyes gave away my true feelings. He looked down at our hands, with our fingers laced together, as though to compose himself before lifting them to his lips and pressing a firm kiss to them like a seal to bound them together.

"I'll see you soon," I said as I heard the plane waiting. I rushed out of the car and up the stairs of the plane without a goodbye kiss. I can't stand 'goodbyes'. I sat in my seat as the airhostess closed the door after me. I was too busy fighting the tears to notice us taking off.

The flight home seemed quicker than the journey out to see him. I spent the journey reliving every moment I had spent with him and as the car from the airport took me home I felt like we were worlds apart. When I walked into my apartment and turned on the light I was shocked to find a huge bouquet of flowers on the table. I read the card, 'I am missing you too. All my love, Edward. x' I burst into tears whilst smiling my face off. My heart was confused at feeling heartbroken and loved at the same time.

As the days passed I told Mary 'every detail' as requested.... ok not every detail as some are private but I did fess up to getting jiggy with it in the car at the airport. She squealed with delight and hugged me proudly. Edward still hadn't managed to call as he was out of the country and his itinerary meant he had barely any time to sleep let alone call me at some ungodly hour as the time difference would be horrendously inconvenient. Emails, texts and the likes were far too traceable so he would call me on secure line when he got the chance. He was arranging a new phone for me so I could contact him but I hadn't received it yet.

I ran the shop as usual, fussed a lot of babies and gave Tony's son lots of kisses for his poorly head. It was healing well but he still kept falling over and scaring the hell out of us. Everyone kept singing, 'what we going to do with the drunken solider' to him and came to the conclusion his head was just to heavy for his body to hold up.

Mary and Arthur were taking a few days off to go down to their caravan so I was truly rushed off my feet which I enjoyed as it occupied my mind and stopped me whimpering like a puppy over Edward.

I was in the kitchen washing up for the 8th time that afternoon when I felt arms wrap around my waist making me jump.

"Hello beautiful," Edward whispered.

I was so shocked that is took me a moment to turn and a few stunned seconds after that to join in the wonderful kiss he was giving me.

"I hope you don't mind," he said. "I just couldn't take hearing your voice on the phone and not being able to see your face or kiss your lips."

I drowned in another amazing kiss that had us scrambling upstairs to my bedroom. We made it as far as the living room floor. Only removing the items of clothing necessary. I don't like goodbye kisses but I love hellos!