Chapter 3

"Victoria," Edward whispered rousing me from my sleep.

"Mmm," I said still tired and barely able to open my eyes.

"I know I promised that you wouldn't wake up to find me staring at you but it is gone midday and I wanted to take you to lunch and shopping," he whispered. "Open your eyes tired girl."

"Just five minutes more," I mumbled.

"Nooo," he whined. "Get up," he said and gave me a gentle shake.

I ignored him.

"I didn't want to have to do this but you have forced my hand," he said with amusement in his voice. I heard the cabin door creek open, as he whistled I heard the scampering of paws and braced myself. Three slobbering dogs dove all over me and there was no way to sleep with all that licking.

"Get off... down... sit... heel," I said as I tried to push them off but it was no use I was covered in drool, hair and a few paw scratches. Not to mention the stamping and squashing from them all jostling for position.

Edward whistled calling them off as I lay face down on the bed trying to protect myself.

"That was evil!" I yelled into the pillow.

He didn't answer. Instead I heard the shower start and felt the thud of a towel hit my head.

I refused to move but the call of the shower after a 'slob-athon' and doggie drool was too much so I finally gave in and took a shower. It wasn't the best shower in the world as it wasn't very powerful but it did the job. Only after I washed my hair and rubbed it with a towel did I realise I hadn't brought a hair brush with me. Luckily I had a comb in my purse but it would take a while to work these knots out of my hair. I needed a hair bobble or something to tie my hair up before we went shopping and I could buy one. I remembered a bunch of asparagus on the side in the kitchen yesterday that had elastic bands on. I would have to use them. I put my hair in plaits. As I walked out dress in the same clothes as yesterday Edward cheered.

"You're up," he said teasing.

"Don't worry I will get you back," I said with a scowl.

"It was 14:30p.m. I am starving and you were wasting this beautiful day in bed," he said looking up at the sky.

"14:30?" I asked astonished.

"Yes and now it is gone 15:00p.m," he said sighing.

"Sorry, I've never slept that late," I replied.

"You did yesterday," he reminded me. "Never mind lets go get something to eat before my stomach eats itself."

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"They didn't want to wait so have gone ahead. We will meet them back here later," he said helping me off the boat.

A chap on another boat nodded at him as though promising to watch the boat whilst we were away. I thought that was lovely offer and sense of community. As we walked ahead I looked up at the sun filled sky and smiled. This was a wonderful experience and as I hadn't had a day off work in years I was going to make the best of it.

"I thought we could take a walk along this pathway as it takes us to a farm with a coffee shop. We could get breakfast. Unless you want to avoid coffee shops during your holiday," he said making me smile at the word holiday.

"No that sounds lovely thank you," I replied and took his hand as he helped me over a fence to cross a field. "Should we be in this field? What if there is a bull?" I asked slightly worried as I didn't like the look of it.