Chapter 14

"We are ready," Gerard said holding me tight.

"This is harassment," I said to the policeman.

He smiled and shrugged. He didn't care they were all in cahoots. Piers arrived.

"Piers take him back to the boat! I am not going to the hospital," I said glaring back at Edward who was still smiling at me like I was a cute puppy.

Piers just rolled his eyes and walked through to my bedroom returning with my dressing gown. It took about two seconds before he had it on me with the help of Gerard.

"Where is Mary?" I asked Arthur.

"Running the shop and gossiping. She is not going to help you as she thinks you should go too," he replied.

I swore under my breath.

"Now are you going to walk to the car or should I can carry you?" Gerard asked trying to sound as though carrying me was romantic.

"I really don't need to go. I will just take a shower and go to the doctors tomorrow," I said looking back at Arthur for support. "I'm not pressing charges," I said as that meant there was definitely no need to go.

"Yes you are!" Edward and Arthur said together.

"No I'm not!" I replied. "So there is no need for a report or hospital visit. Thank you for your time officer and sorry for all the trouble it won't happen again."

"Do you know what he has just told the other police officer?" Piers asked.

"No," I replied.

He sighed and sat on a chair looking stressed.

"He said you spent the night together last night. All night," Piers said alluding to sex.

I gasped and looked at Edward without saying aloud in front of a policeman that I spent it pissed up on the sofa with a prince.

"He said he brought you the necklace for your birthday as a present as you were still friends but when he got here you were depressed and he stayed to make sure you didn't hurt yourself. He slept on the sofa and woke in the middle of the night with you on top of him. He allowed himself to be seduced as he had drunk too much. He regretted it in the morning when he got a call from his wife to say the baby was ill and she was worried as he hadn't been home all night. He told her his car had broken down and he would be home soon. You got jealous, threw the necklace at him and told him to get out. You then changed your mind and begged him to stay by trying to seduce him again. You stripped down to your underwear and began forcing yourself on him offering him money to stay. He refused saying he loved his wife and it was a mistake. You went crazy and smashed up the place. He left. You chased him back to his car saying you were sorry and wanted him to come back," I just kept looking from him to Edward in astonishment.

"Do you have any witnesses to where you were last night," the officer asked.

"It's irrelevant the incident took place this afternoon not last night," Edward interjected. "Just threaten to check traffic cameras and he will soon revise that version of events. Right lets get you to the hospital," he said moving me out of the door.

I tried not to create a scene in front of the customers as I was literally hauled to the car by Gerard. As the police officer started the car Edward got in one side as Gerard sat on the other. There was no escape.

I huffed in protest and folded my arms. I would be silent all the way! They weren't getting a word out of me! I sat cursing in my head and fighting the urge to tell him I wasn't going on the boat later either. He can shove it!

That lasted half way there. After that I tried to convince myself that I could do this. I could go to the hospital and get checked over. It was easy... but what if they said I had to stay over night... what if someone was rushed in on a trolley when I was there... what if someone was already there and dying... the closer we got to the hospital the more I began to panic. Edward tried to hold my hand but I pulled it away like a spoilt brat. I covered my eyes and tried to steady my breathing until I heard us pull up. I got out of the car on shaky legs and tried to focus on putting one foot in front of the other and not filling my mind with images of my past. I didn't work. I took two steps into the hospital when white lights started to sparkle in front of my eyes. A few more steps in and I blacked out.

I came round to the sound of nurse calling my name and doctor checking me over. I tried to remove the oxygen mask but they told me to leave it and reassured me I was just having my cuts and bruises cleaned up.

"You can come in now," the doctor said and Edward appeared.

He looked worried. I was still feeling weak and started to panic again as I heard the sounds around me of people in pain, beeping noises and the smell... I burst into tears, closed my eyes and covered my ears.

"How much longer?" I heard Edward ask even though I was covering my ears.

"I just need to check her vision," the doctor replied.

"Victoria," Edward called pulling a hand away. "The doctor just needs to have a look at your eyes and we can go. I've pulled all the curtains so you can't see anything."

"Follow my finger," the doctor said as he shone a light into my eyes. I covered my ears but read his lips. He mumbled something about my hands.

Edward moved in front of me holding up his phone with the headphones attached. He indicated for me to take it. I reached out and put the headphones in my ears the music was low enough so I could hear them but drown out the background noise. I felt better already. I looked at Edward and said 'thank you' as the doctor cleaned up the cuts and bruises on my hand. He was a young doctor barely in his 20's I guessed and seemed to be trying to get things done as quick as possible.

"You are all done," the doctor said.

"Thank you," I replied and made a move to hop down off the bed. All of them seemed to stop and listen. Edward reached over and turned the music up full blast as the doctor and nurse took off. Gerard appeared through the curtains and I tried not to faint again as I knew it was an emergency that had came in. My heart panicked and my eyes flicked around wildly trying to see if it was a car crash, a stabbing, a shooting... Gerard took his jacket off, put it over my dressing gown and zipped it up. Pulled the hood up and rushed me outside with my head ducked down and only able to see my feet. Arthur was waiting. I didn't hear what he said because I was pushed into the back and still had the headphones in. Edward got in the back with me as Gerard sat in the front.

Anotherambulance pulled up in front of us. The doctors rushing out to meet it as theback opened Edwards hand covered my eyes. I turned to face his chest, closingmy eyes tight trying to push away the images of my past and replace them withimages of Edward across a candle lit table. Edward on his boat. Edwardsplashing me with a puddle and laughing. Edward... Edward... Edward!ere witYE^��ϖ