Chapter 26

Thia and I made our way back to the car as the others sorted out the paperwork.

"Do you want to come back to the hotel and meet the baby?" she asked.

"The children are here?" I asked.

"Yes, I can't leave them alone and I am breast feeding," she replied.

"Who is with them?" I asked,

"Edward's mother," she said and sighed as she knew that meant 'no', to going back to the hotel.

"I've got to get back and I am tired so if you can just drop me to the train station..."

"No we are taking you home as promised," she replied.

"I'd prefer to make my own way."

"I promised Mary," she said "And I'm bringing the children to see her tomorrow after court."

"I will see you all tomorrow then," I said and hailed a taxi that had just dropped someone off.

"Wait no!" she said but I jumped in and told the driver to go to the station.

"You're the one from the news aren't you," the driver said as we got a few streets away and he paid more attention to the rear view mirror than the road ahead.

"What one from the news?" I asked.

"The one shacked up with the prince," he said nearly crashing into the car ahead.

"Pull over," I said before my car accident phobia came back. I got out of the car slamming the door and throwing a fiver at him for the fare. "Try keeping your eyes on the road. There could be a family in that car ahead and you are too busy nosing in your back seat to notice. You could crash into them," I snapped.

I looked up and down the street for signs posts before heading off as the cabbie took out his phone to take my picture sticking my two's up at him. Great that would be on twitter or facebook in a minute.

I ended up in a bank asking for directions from a security guard.

"You're the one from that trial," he said making me back off and walk out swearing under my breath as I stood trying to work out which direction to take.

I was kicking myself for being a prize numpty when I suddenly found myself surrounded by journalists. That bloody cabbie and his camera phone! I will kill him!

"Miss Campbell, can you tell us about the prince?"

"When did you fall in love?"

"What was it like sleeping in the Princes arms all night?"

"What is he like in bed?"

"Are you pregnant?"

"Are you engaged?"

"Did you elope and get married?"

No one asked how I was feeling after being jumped on by a nut job and how guilty I felt that her and Mark had a child who could potentially lose his parents to a prison sentence, and tonight had no mummy as she was in jail for attacking me... nope it was about me and the prince. Didn't they realise there was no me and the prince anymore and that killed me, but it was the only fair thing to do.

I ignored them all as I tried to cross the street. Trying to get passed them was a joke as they huddled around me in a circle like vultures on a fresh carcass. It was impossible not to get blinded by the flashing lights and Mary had my sunglasses in her handbag. Even when shielding myself with my hand made escape impossible.