Chapter 31

"Victoria," Mary whispered as she stroked my hair. My eyes flickered open as she called my name again.

"Good girl, come on open your eyes," Arthur said on the opposite side of the bed.

I couldn't wake up for more than a few seconds.

"Come on, wake up so you can go home," Mary said trying to wake me again. "I'm excited to see your new home. I can't believe I am in Monaco and with Royalty. Your mother would flip... wake up!"

"Let's give her a few more minutes, they have dosed her up well. She must have been in a hell of a lot of pain, poor girl," Arthur said quietly.

It was then I realised that my pain was gone. Last thing I remembered was being in so much pain that I was sick. Poor Edward was so worried. And what did I do? I made things worse by crying my heart out and saying 'I want to go home'. He had promised to take me home as soon as I was well enough but I had said 'No, I mean 'home' to England and my shop, I don't like it here,' which must have been a huge and ungrateful slap in the face for him.

"I need to see Edward," I whispered, my throat sore and dry.

"He is not here at the minute," Arthur replied which made me cry.

"I was horrible," I sobbed.

"Why?" Mary asked.

"I said I wanted to go home to the shop and I don't like it here," I admitted as my mind became clearer and more aware of just how much of a bitch I had been.

"He didn't take that to heart, silly. He just arranged for us to come and help you settle in. There is no shop left to go home to but we don't care because we still have you," Mary said getting teary eyed with me as she me a big kiss.

"Can I get up?" I asked Arthur.

"Yes but slowly and only with help. Don't try to move on your own for a few days," he said and helped me move to a sitting position. "You did too much yesterday, and still need looking after so Mary and I will be here for a few weeks to make sure you do as you are told."

"Thank you," I said feeling more at home already. "Oooo these drugs are good. I feel completely numb, like my whole body has been to the dentist and had an injection," I said as I expected agony but felt nothing.

"Yeah well you still need to be careful. You were blown up remember," Arthur added.

"I need a massive wee, my bladder is ready to burst," I replied feeling almost drunk and unable to stop myself saying stupid things.

"Thanks for sharing that with us," he replied as they helped me to my feet and towards the bathroom. "No, wait until I am ready to support you, don't try to rush off the minute your feet hit the ground," Arthur snapped.

I grumbled at him, but he was right my legs had a mind of their own and my mind was two clicks behind what they wanted to do due to the drugs.

"I can do the rest," I said after they helped me into the bathroom.

"Not a chance," Edwards voice said behind me.

I turned my head to see him stood by the door as I put my hand on the metal bars that disabled and elderly people use to stay stable in a bathroom.

"We will leave you two and grab her things," Arthur said as he took Mary out of the room and Edward came in.

"It is just a quick wee," I said dismissively.

"Wonderful, then we can go home," he replied nodding towards the toilet for me to hurry up.

"Can I have some privacy?" I asked.