Chapter 17

"Are we there yet?" I asked for the eleventh time.

I just got laughed at. I was taken through to the cockpit to meet the pilot and was terrified when I was allowed to sit in the co-pilots seat but told it would help me combat my fear.

"I am shitting myself," I said making them all laugh.

"Edward is a good pilot," the pilot said making me look at him with a mouth like a gold fish.

"He is very good," he said nodding.

"He is always on his barge," I replied. "I've never heard him talk of flying."

They smiled.

"He can fly many aircraft," the pilot said in broken English.

"Helicopter?" I asked.

"Yes," he said.

"Plane?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied.

"One of them huge kite things?" I asked.

"Paragliding, Yes," he replied.

"Hot air balloon?" I asked.

"No I don't think so," he said frowning.

"Ahhh ha," I said grinning at finding something he couldn't fly.

I was shown what all the buttons do and how clever planes are.

"We are coming in to land," the pilot said and I was ushered back to my seat to buckle up and tried not to scream with excitement!

"How long is the car journey?" I asked but didn't hear the reply as we started to descend and I covered my ears like a terrified child. The descent was the worst bit... I hated this bit... Edward... Edward... Edward.

Finally we touched down and it was not half as bad as I thought. What the hell had I been scared of?

"Welcome to Nice," the hostess said as she helped me undo my seat belt.

"Thank you," I replied smiling like an idiot.

She pushed the door open and I followed the solicitor off carefully watching my step as my legs were still shaking from the flight. We walked towards a waiting car.

"Victoria," I heard and turned to see Edward get out of another car. His handsome face lit up by the light from the car in the now night sky. As my mind thought 'oh my god it's him', my feet grew wings of their own and I flew over to him flinging my arms around him and squeezing him tight. He squeezed me back. I pulled my head back to look at him and two seconds later I was lost as his lips pressed to mine and I tasted the kiss I had been waiting for all this time and boy was it worth it.

I hadn't realised that I had my legs wrapped around his waist until I felt his hands squeeze my bottom pulling me closer to him. I heard cheering and clapping as we kissed each other like there was no tomorrow. I looked up to see Piers, Gerard and the others all clapping. It was very brief glance as I couldn't help but kiss Edward again and the feeling was mutual. He moved backwards pulling me into the car and I heard Piers laughing as he closed the car door on the pair of us now snogging on the back seat. As the car pulled off we fell onto the floor causing us to laugh and stop kissing long enough to gaze at each other lovingly and say 'hello'. Stealing feathered kisses from each other, as we enjoyed the experience of finally being able to kiss. Wanting to kiss each other and thinking screw the rest of the world this is what we want, what we need and what we are going to do whether you like it or not.