FROM RIVALS TO LOVERS chap.1

CHAPTER 1 :

"Elli ...Elli ... Wake up, your getting late honey." I could hear my mom's voice from behind the door, but I really was in no mood to break up from my slumber, i continued to ignore the knocks.

''Let me sleep mom, please.'' I pleaded with laziness in my voice. finally responding to my mom's continuous knocking.

"Eleena if you are not going to wake up, you're not going on your trip and i mean it." She warned me.

"Whaaat ???" I opened my eyes instantly, sitting up on a bed with a jolt.

"Mom! I am not some sweet sixteen teenager that you can threat me about my dream trip. I am 22 mom!!!" I exclaimed after finally getting out of bed opening my room's door.

"yeah, that's why you've been ignoring me for the past half an hour? how mature for a twenty two year old. and you're late, watch the time my dear mature daughter."

"shit mom I am damn late again, has dad left already?" I said as i looked over the watch.

"Yes an hour ago when you were in no mood to wake up." She chuckled and continued "Okay just go and get yourself ready in the least you can, your dad said he wants you in the office by 10 at any cost." My mom informed me.

9.15, I watched the time again. okay! I have 45 minutes.
more than enough for me to get ready, I thought.

As mom left I hurry into the bathroom, took a quick shower and changed into my favourite blue jeans and my bottle green top.I blow dried my hair as I didn't like when damp hair touched my back. I looked at myself in the mirror, my not so fair and not so tan skin looked fresh after the shower. I quickly put some compact over my face and applied my lip balm and after one final look I left my room.

As I hurried downstairs mom has made me breakfast. snacks and my coffee were set on the table. Just the smell of coffee bought a smile to my face.

"aahh I love you mom," I chuckled as I ate my snacks and drank my coffee, finishing it quickly I kissed my mom on the cheek and left the house.

Driving to my father's office that he owned in equal partnership with his best friend Uncle Neil Horrain. Uncle Neil would probably be one of the best person I had known in my entire life. He was loving, caring and the most sincere person towards my family and especially towards my father. He has supported him in his every fall and every failure and same was done by my father. They were like 'no.one.can.tear.us.apart' kind of friends. I loved both of them unconditionally.

Subconsciously, my thoughts wandered towards the man, i didn't want to think about at all. Man i despised with everything in me. uncle Neil's only son.
Darian Horrain.

sometimes i wondered, Why couldn't he be like his father? Why was he so cold and rude? if I mention not to everyone but just with me.

I parked my car with my stupid thoughts just when my eyes caught something...

A black SUV with the same number as darian's.
was he here? How? I mean why?
how was that even possible?
He has left for Canada two years back and as far as i knew, he wasn't coming back anytime soon.

but has he come back already?
I hope not.

Well even if he has, it's none of my concern. I shouldn't be thinking about him. i scoffed mentally. But I just hope if he really was here, i would not see him. Because I just wasn't ready to see him.

Actually, i don't think i'll ever be.

With the rush I moved into the luxurious building of my father's office and entered the lift. I walked out to my floor that was second and straightly moved to my desk. As I started arranging and going through my files just then my phone rang.