Chapter 32

Emotions

When Evelina Frost woke up from her sleep, she could already feel the massive headache taking place. She groaned and clutched her head in pain. She withdrawals her hand away and looked at it. She narrowed her eyes when she saw blood on her pale fingers. She also noticed a leather cuff on her wrist. She recognized it. It was the only thing that could block Evelina's magic. She huffed before looking around. She was in a thick bamboo cage and she couldn't see much of her outer surroundings. She gave a soft sigh before leaning against the edge in defeat.

"I feel like this shouldn't surprise me anymore." She mumbled to herself.

Evelina checked her body for any serious injuries, but the only one she found was the gash on the side of her head. She tried to stretch her legs, but the lack of room made it hard.

"Getting comfortable, I see?" Evelina chuckled dryly but didn't turn towards the voice. She knew who it was, Evelina didn't need to harm her own eyes by facing Wendy's ugly mug.

"I always knew you were a bloody bitch." Evelina said calmly as Wendy Darling kneeled right next to her cage.

"Make this an even fight. Take these cuffs off, and we can settle this like men." Evelina proposed but Wendy just laughed.

"My dear Evelina, there is going to be no fight. And there will be no one here to rescue you either." She said. Evelina finally turned to face her. She wanted to wipe Wendy's face off with a brick.

"What did Zelena trade me in for?" She asked. Wendy snickered.

"Not like it concerns you, but she wanted a job done." Evelina raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of job?"

"One that involves a machete." Wendy said plainly and she stood up.

"None of this will matter anyways, you'll be dead within a couple of hours." Wendy said happily. Evelina smirked.

"What makes you think Peter won't be here to rescue me soon enough?"

"I am counting on him to come barging in to save his little princess. But for now, we'll just have to have our own fun."

Evelina finally snapped. It had taken a lot for her to keep her temper under control and to be calm for everyone else but it had gotten to her. There is only so much patience one person could obtain but at the stage that Evelina was at, she was overdue for a breakdown ages ago.

"I can't wait till I can destroy you. You keep stepping on my happy ending and you're crazy if you think I'm going to let you take my dreams away, bitch." Evelina hissed. Wendy wasn't expecting an answer like that but before she could say anything else Evelina continued.

"I will watch as every last drop of your blood stains the ground of this island. Your friends, if you have any, won't be able to bury your body when I'm done with you because I will personally rip you limb by limb. You think you have Pan to worry about, well guess what asshat, you have officially angered me."

Evelina gave a sickly sweet smile before tilting her head and leaning closer to Wendy.

"And darling, you won't like me when I'm angry."

For the first time in a while, Wendy felt something new.

Fear.

She tried her hardest to not show it as she stood up. Evelina knew she had planted the seed of fear in Wendy's mind, and she was sure it would soon consume her to the point where she would lose her head. Evelina cracked a sly smirk as she watched Wendy leave with a semi-scared expression.

"And they say I'm the mad one!"

~

Peter was furious. Absolutely destroyed and furious. Once again, Evelina had been taken from his clutches. He had fallen for the oldest trick in the book; an illusion.

"I'm going to squeeze the green jelly out of her." He hissed as he paced camp. He cursed Zelena's name over and over.

He wasn't too pleased to find Evelina missing when he returned. A couple of tents and cabins were destroyed during his little tantrum, but before more damage could happen, Felix and Slightly quickly put a stop to it. They restricted him and tried their hardest to bring him down from his temper.

"We'll find her again." Felix reassured.

"I'm getting tired of her being taken away from me at every moment. Every time I let my guard down, there is always someone there stealing her away! For fucks sake, do people not have any better things to do than to kidnap pretty blondes?" Pan snapped and Felix gave him a look.

"You used to kidnap Evelina back in Storybrooke..."

"That's different!" He exclaimed while yanking his arms out of the lost boy's grip. He began to look for a weapon. He found his cloak, threw it on, and grabbed a newly sharpened sword.

"Where are you going now?" Felix asked as he watched his friend walk away.

"I'm going to get my girl back!"

The two lost boys watched as Peter stomped over to his tent and disappeared into it. Felix huffed and massaged his temple.

"Go after him before he ends up killing himself."

"On it, boss."

Slightly ran after Pan. Felix shook his head in annoyance.

"I'm getting bloody tired of all this shit, it's too fucking early to deal with this."

~

Evelina Frost knew her powers were controlled by her emotions. Every little emotion triggered something in her powers.

Fear made her lose control, and her magic had a mind of it's own. Frost would crawl up on the walls, trees, or anything that was near her. A storm would threaten to occur wherever she was, one that she knew she wouldn't be able to control.

Nerves made sharp icicles appear from the ground, threatening anyone to back away from her and to give her space.

Happiness and love was a more controlled time, and when Evelina felt more at peace. Her powers would be on sleep mode, and they wouldn't get worked up easily.

But anger was something different. Evelina had never felt true rage than when she woke on that cage. When she threatened to snap Wendy's neck, she felt like she meant true to her cursed words. She wanted to wrap her fingers around her until Wendy could no longer breath and couldn't move. Evelina believed it would bring her satisfaction.

She didn't know how her powers would react to her new emotion. And with the magical leather cuff preventing her magic to be released, she wasn't sure what would happen if the cuff was taken off.

As far as Evelina knew, she could destroy the island she walked on with a simple stomp of her dainty foot.

And that was something everyone around her should fear.

*unedited*

🌟