Chapter 23

Tremors

The waves of the ocean were such a curious thing to Evelina. They washed away any type of worry and made one feel at peace. The water so pure it could bathe you to innocence. The water was so at rhythm with everything surrounding it, it made it difficult for someone not to feel relaxed.

Evelina felt like a wave of emotions had just gone over her.

It just hit her, like a hurricane. She wasn't sure how she hadn't thought of everyone else.

Evelina was being selfish. She didn't imagine what Snow would be feeling when she found out she was missing. The pain she put her father through. The disappointment Killian must feel for her.

For the next two days, Evelina sat in silence. She continued to stare into the fire, just thinking of what her life was like in Storybrooke. She loved it. It was a wonderful life she had.

So she finally asked herself,

Why the hell did she leave Storybrooke?

What was it about Pan that made her so foolish and blind as to leave her entire life behind.

Did he bewitch her?

She doubted it.

Did he drug her?

She wasn't sure.

Did he just charm her with his boyish charms?

... Maybe.

How it happened, she will never understand. Everything happened so quickly. Everything changed. She began to wonder why Pan had an interest in her anyways. She wasn't that different, or unique, ot special in any way. There were many people more powerful than her, wealth and magical power wise.

So what made her so special in Pan's eyes. Why was he so broken when she had been separated from him? Why did she feel like shit when he was away, yet at moments, felt as if she shouldn't have left her family behind.

Yea, she thought to herself, I think the bastard drugged me.

Evelina was simply lost in her drowning thoughts, as Felix and Bash watched her from afar. They were concerned with

"What's wrong with her?"

"How should I know?" Felix responded and rubbed his face. He was tired. With Pan being back on his feet, it was great news for Felix, for he wouldn't be in charge anymore.

"Peter won't be happy that she's upset." Sebastian commented and Felix shrugged.

"Not my problem, Sebastian. I have bigger things than Evelina's happiness to deal with." He said before leaving his friends side. Bash watched as Felix grabbed a spear and put his hood over his head.

"I'll be back soon. Curly has been stuck in a bear trap since yesterday. I should go help him down." Felix mumbled before he walked out of camp and past the camp's protection spell.

Sebastian turned back to Evelina. She continued to sit there on a log, with no emotion on her face. Evelina moaned softly as she thought of all the pain she had caused everyone who were close to her. Bash got closer to her. He moved cautiously towards Evelina, as to not frighten her. Once he finally was close enough to be in her eyesight, he squated down. She slowly lifted her head to meet his eyes. He smiled at her softly.

Evelina did not smile back.

"Mind telling me what's wrong?"

Evelina went back to stare aimlessly as she gave another pained moan.