Chapter 18

Thankful

It was a kind of reunion Peter nor Evelina expected.

Evelina didn't think she would almost be drowned by mermaids and sirens.

Peter didn't think she would've almost been killed in his own territory's waters.

But he was relieved she had returned.

She was still unconscious, and Peter refused to leave her side. He had placed her on his bed inside his tent. His eyes never left her, in fear somehow she would stop breathing. The slight rise of Evelina's chest gave him hope she would wake up soon.

"Pan?"

Peter turned towards Felix's voice and narrowed his eyes.

"Go away." He snapped and turned back to stare at Evelina's still body. Felix glanced down at the tray he had with him and then looked back up to Pan.

"I bought you food."

Peter hissed at him.

"Leave me! I don't want to eat." He growled.

"Pan you have to-"

"I said no!"

Felix just about had it. The poor blond boy had been taking care of Pan for months, and on top of that he had the other lost boys to deal with. It took him this long to lose his temper. Felix smashed the food on the floor. The loud noise made Pan jump as she sharply turned his body to glare at Felix.

"No! Evelina's back! She's safe! She's alive! Now you go and fucking eat before you end up dying on her ass! If you die, and who the hell is goin' take care of her?!"

Peter Pan stared at his friend. Felix had never yelled at him. In fact, Felix rarely ever raised his voice. So this cane as quite a surprise to Peter. He stayed silent as he watched his friend kick at the tray of food he had bought.

Peter stood up slowly and watched towards the entrance of she tent.

"Fine, I'll eat." Peter Pan whispered. He glanced back at his precious girl sleeping and internally whined. He didn't want to leave Evelina's side, in case she awoke. Felix noticed Pan's behavior and sighed.

"I'll stay with her Pan." Felix mumbled and sat down in a bamboo chair next to the ice princess. Peter nodded in appreciation and walked out.

Felix glanced at Evelina and gave another sigh.

"I'm so tired."

~

Years ago...

"What are you doing?" Elsa asked as she watched 6 year old Anna play with her food. Anna giggled as she placed the bowl of oatmeal onto her head and had she got herself all dirty. Elsa looked for their maid.

"Gerda! Anna got her food on her head!" She exclaimed and Anna stuck her tongue out at her blonde sister.

"Du forrderen." Anna snapped and shrunk into her chair as Gerda got close to the youngest princess. Gerda narrowed her eyes at the princess and sighed.

"Come along, my princess, let's get you cleaned up." Gerda said and led the girl away. Elsa watched as Anna stuck her tongue out at her one last time before she had left the dining room.

Elsa sat by herself at the dining room table, continuing to eat her meal. She was almost done when she heard loud commotion coming from the next room over, where she knew her parents and a couple of his royal advisors were.

Elsa couldn't help what she did next. She crept closer to the door and ease-dropped on what they were saying. She was too young to understand a lot of it, but she did understand the part towards the end of the meeting.

"And off the topic of magic, a new source of it has tried to find its way into Neverland." Elsa looked down to her hands before fiddling with them.

"You mean the boy?" King Agnarr said and the advisor nodded. The king sighed.

"And how do you know he welds magic?"

"I don't! But are we truly going to wait and find out if he does? Magic is dangerous, your majesty."

"I suppose it depends on the way you look at things."

The king said and paced the room slowly. Agnarr wasn't one to accept defeat when it came to saving a life.

"Sir, if the kingdom was to find out of his magical abilities, they will come for his head. He is not from this land and everyone could potentially see him as a threat." Another advisor said and the king slowly nodded his head before looking at his queen.

"If he has royal status he can't be touched." The king thought out loud and his advisors raised an eyebrow at him.

"Your majesty, you don't mean-"

"If he is claimed as my third kin, he has royal status. He can't be harmed."

"Your majesty-"

"Tis shall be done! We can announce him into the family, give him a proper position. He shall not be hanged nor executed just for having something he may not be able to control. I will not allow it!" The king bellowed and murmurs were heard through the group of advisors as they decided if it was a good idea.

"I believe it will just just fine, Your Majesty."

Elsa moved away from the pillar when she heard someone getting close to the door. She raced back to the table and jumped up on her chair. She picked her spoon up quickly and began to pick at her oatmeal again.

"Darling please don't play with your food." Queen Iduna said to her eldest daughter as she walked into the room.

"Mother, what will happen to the boy that-"

"Do not fear, my dear, the boy is safe."

"But I-"

"Enough talk about it, Elsa, please. Now get cleaned up. We're going to go visit the market today." The young princess smiled as she got off her chair and grabbed her mother's hand.

"Can we take the boy with us?"

"Not today my love. Not today."

~

Peter Pan remembered the day he was announced ad the newest member of the royal family. He was given royal immunity and was granted a spot for the crown. He refused, stating he was just glad to have a warm place to sleep at night.

Peter Pan remembered that night when the royal family of Arendelle threw him a party in his honour.

Peter Pan remembered when he was first introduced to Elsa and Anna. He thought Anna was loud, and Elsa was a bit stuck up, but he knew he would learn to love them like sisters.

They were memories Pan would never forget, and instead he cherished them. Although Elsa and Anna's parents never really treated him as a son, and they just adopted him so he wouldn't get hurt, he was very thankful to them for saving his life. He was thankful for Balthazar, who was basically his father figure.

At that very moment, Peter Pan was thankful for everything that had happened in his life.

Because every single thing that had occured to him lead him one step closer to his true love, Evelina Frost.

*unedited*