Chapter 28

Sad Days

The sky was dark the next day.

Rain threatened to fall, and the wind howled ever so softly. The cold that day pricked at everyone's skin, and the slightest of snow that fell from nowhere.

It was a sad day for a funeral.

The lost boys had gathered wood for the raft that would carry Sebastian's body. They sharpened arrows, fixed themselves up, and prepared themselves for an emotional day.

It was a sad day for saying farewell.

They all came together at the ocean side on the Northern side of the island. Felix didn't show any emotion as the rest of the lost boys, the mermaid, and Evelina mourned for the fallen.

Evie had silent tears running down her rosy cheeks. The snow began to pile up on the beach as her emotions were out of control, but nobody bothered to tell her anything. It was a time to grieve.

It was a sad day for Evelina to miss Sebastian.

Pan clutched onto her with a sorrow face. He knew how much the lost boy meant to Evelina. Bash meant something to Pan as well. He risked his life to bring his Evelina back to him. Peter Pan never got to formally thank him for everything he had done.

It was a sad day for Peter Pan to regret never saying his thanks.

He let go of Evelina's waist. He kneeled down to pick up his bow and arrow. His grip visually tightened around the weapon. Pan watched as T.T pushed Sebastian's cold body into the sea. The raft his body was on furthered away from the group. Peter placed the tip of the arrow into the fire close to him and waited until the tip of the arrow flamed up.

Peter took a deep breath before letting the arrow go towards the raft. It landed perfectly and everyone watched as it slowly caught on fire.
Following suite, the lost boys and the two girls set their arrows to the fire and aimed it towards Sebastian.

Felix was the last to set his arrow on fire. He wanted to believe the body they had found wasn't really Sebastian's but he knew it was foolish of him to think his best friend was still alive. It was foolish of him to plead him back to life. And as the arrow finally left his hands, Felix let his vulnerability show as he let out a heartbreaking sob.

It was a terrible day for Felix to say goodbye.

~

The snow that had drifted down had turned to a rain storm, and the water was so strong, it shook Neverland. The island sensed the missing presence of Sebastian, and it mourned with the rest of the lost boys. It lasted for days, and Peter only hoped it would end soon.

"I can't feel my arm." Peter mumbled into Evelina's hair one day and she instantly moved off of it and apologized. She went to move some more but Peter pulled her back.

"That didn't mean I wanted you to leave." He said and Evelina smiled.

"You're weird." She mumbled before moving his arm away and instead she wrapped her arms around Peter and brought him closer to her body.

"I like this position." He said and Evelina blushed before clearing her throat.

"I would like it a whole lot better if you would let me put my shirt back on." She said but all she heard was a deep chuckle.

"But I like it better this way."

"Perv."

Moments that were only seconds passed between them, but it felt the world had stopped at their feet.

Evelina suddenly pushed away and wanted to giggle when she heard Pan whine.

"It has been three days since Sebastian's funeral." She began and Peter nodded.

"And...?" He questioned. Evelina rolled her eyes.

"Felix hadn't gotten any better. He clearly misses his best friend-"

"I'm his best friend!" Pan protested and Evelina huffed.

"You can have more than one best friend, min kjære."

"Yes but I'm the best." He pouted.

"Fine whatever. My point is he needs a friend to be there for him. Go talk to him or something."

"Guys don't talk to guys about guy problems Evelina. We just give each other a subtle nod and move on with life."

"That's stupid."

"Yeah to a girl. To a guy that's like six months of therapy."

Evelina narrowed her eyes at Peter even more.

"Fine. If you won't talk to him then I will." Evelina snapped and climbed out of bed, slipping on some clothes before Pan could even process it.

"Wait where are you going?"

"Out." She simply responded and closed the tent flap behind her.

Evelina saw only a handful of lost boys out and about. One of those boys sitting around the camp fire was Felix. He emotionlessly stared into the flames, his eyes blinking slowly. The dark circles told Evelina he hasn't had a good night sleep in so long. She clicked her tongue.

"Poor guy. His very little brain is half gone with grief."

~

Evelina grunted loudly as she sat on a rock, a little far from camp. She was mad at Pan.

Days after their talk about Felix, Peter noticed a lack of food in their keeps and suggested them all going for a hunt like the old days. Evelina had agreed and had prepared herself for the hunting game... Only to find out she wasn't allowed to go.

"Absolutely not."

"Du sønn av a-"

"Complain all you want my love by there is no way in hell you're going. You are to stay here and I mean it Evelina." Pan said sternly. The young Frost pouted the whole day and the next when he finally left.

Evelina had been in a foul mood ever since. She mumbled various curse words under her breath and she played with her powers. She made various little ice roses in mid-air and watched as they shatttered to the ground when she didn't catch them.

"This is ridiculous!" She snapped to herself. She got up from her rock and began to search for her cloak.

"I can't be stuck down here all my life." She whispered to no in particular as she flung her cloak over her shoulders and tied the strings around her neck. She placed her hood over her head and packed a small bag of fruit.

Once ready, Evelina began climbing the thousand of stairs to get back to Hangman's Tree.

She was tired of just sitting around waiting for roots to grow from her feet.

*unedited*

🌟

Random Question of the Day:
Which Hogwarts house do y'all belong to?

I belong to Ravenclaw 😊