Chapter 27

Queen of the Stupids

Evelina Frost didn't know what to think when she saw a crying Melody stumble into camp. The mermaids hair stuck everywhere, as if she had just crawled out of bed, her clothes torn and dirty, and she even had blood splattered on her pale skin. She looked terrible overall. Her blotchy skin told she had been crying for a long time now.

Pogocat ran in afterwards, panting as he ran down all those thousand of stairs.

"She... Got... In... Suddenly... Pan." He managed to breath out before fainting. Everyone glanced at Pogocat before turning to Melody.

"Melody, min kjære gud, what the bloody hell are you doing here?"

"He's dead. Sebastian's dead!"

And the whole camp fell silent.

~

Moments before Sebastian's death...

"I'm going to buy you some time. Now go!" Sebastian yelled to his friend. Melody scrambled away and Bash gripped his weapon tightly.

"One lost boy against 5 Indians... Can't be that bad right?" He mumbled to himself as he stared at his sword. He heard a sinister chuckle ring through his ears.

"I wouldn't be too sure, my dear." Bash growled as he watched Wendy Darling emerge from the trees. Behind her stood Tiger Lily and a couple of other Indians. Sebastian internally groaned. He couldn't take on these many people by himself. He wouldn't survive. His glare then turned to the dark haired Indian. He gave an empty chuckle.

"Fancy seeing you here, Lily." He said sternly and Lily shuffled her feet. She didn't respond for Wendy spoke first.

"I must admit, I admire you, Sebastian. You have great loyalty. You traveled across an unknown land just to get your friend's lover back. If that isn't a best friend, I don't know what is." Wendy said as she walked slowly from side to side.

"It almost sounds like you're complimenting me, Little Bird." Bash said. He smirked widely when Wendy's eyes twitched. She hated that nickname.

"I am not someone to mess around with, Mr. Porter. Surely you have heard stories about me." Bash raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know my surname?" He asked. Wendy smirked.

"How do you remember what your surname even is?" She retorted and Bash fell silent. He stared at her with a stern face. His secret had been exposed. Wendy's smile grew when she saw his expression.

"Don't fret, darling, I won't tell anyone that you still remember every last detail of your life before Neverland. Your secret will die with you." She said and Sebastian narrowed his eyes.

"Of all the people I have heard about in my life, I hoped I would never meet you Wendy." Bash said. He then turned to Lily and gave a sarcastic smile.

"You were on the list of people I never wanted to see again, little Lily." The girl looked up to meet the lost boy's eyes. She was conflicted.

"I meant no harm. I just wanted to see my family." She responded. Sebastian scoffed.

"And her loyalty was the price she had to pay for that." Wendy said as she neared Lily's side.

"We live in a world where everything we want, can only be obtained by taking it." Wendy continued as she began to circle Sebastian.

"And in this world, Pan promised I would be queen. And he dare take that away from me!"

"If you're daft enough to believe Pan would offer you his throne then you are stupider than I thought." Bash hissed and Wendy stopped.

"You're too naive to be queen."

Wendy's eye twitched

"I was to be queen-"

"The only thing you'll ever be queen of is queen of the stupids!" Bash snapped and Wendy growled and threw a knife. Sebastian easily blocked it with his sword. They glared at each other, until the Lost Boy spoke again.

"Peter Pan doesn't do well with sharing his power with those he sees as scum below his feet."

"I see he has no problem splitting what was rightfully mine with that blonde wench."

"Do not speak ill of that Evelina. For in a fight, I'm sure she can take you down in seconds." He snapped and Wendy chuckled darkly.

"We'll just have to see now won't we? Evelina Frost will promptly join you in hell anyways." Wendy said and turned on her heels. Bash heard as she gave a chuckle one last time and turned to Lily and the Indians.

"Kill him."

Lily nodded slowly and watched as Wendy disappeared into the trees. She turned to Bash. He saw sorrow in her eyes.

"Please forgive me, Sebastian."

Bash didn't forgive her.

~

Felix didn't believe Melody when she claimed Sebastian had been killed in battle. It wasn't until Pan lead a search party and they brought back Sebastian's cold body that he felt true pain. It made Felix's stomach churn to know his best friend had died and he couldn't do anything to save him.

Peter announced Bash's proper farewell would occur the next day. Nobody said anything as they split away and went to their own tents to grieve over the death of one of their own.

Evelina sat in Pan's tent, not wanting to be alone. Her warm tears began to prick at her eyes and she sniffed loudly to resist letting them fall.

"Evelina." She looked up. Pan stared down at her with concern.

"Are you alright, my love?" He asked and Evelina shrugged. She didn't know how to react. She felt numb knowing her greatest friend on the island had passed. Without a word, she grabbed Peter's hand and pulled him towards the bed. He didn't resist as she threw herself on, with him following close. Evelina soon cuddled into Pan's side and he held her tight. He placed a tender kiss on her head and she sniffed once again.

"How'd he die?" She asked with a raspy voice. Pan sighed.

"At the hands of a terrible monster."

~

Lily walked back to camp with a solemn face. She couldn't erase the image of Sebastian's heart being pierced with an arrow. The Indian that had shot him seemed proud of his work but Lily did not.

Her emotions were on edge as she saw her camp once again. As she neared, the five Indians that were behind her disappeared away and Wendy approached her.

"How'd it go?" Lily looked up with empty eyes.

"Fine. We left his body so Pan and his boys could find him. Figured they should give him a proper burial." She mumbled and Wendy scoffed as she turned her back to Lily.

"Boys like those don't deserve a funeral, Tiger Lily."

*unedited*

🌟

Baaasssshhhh

Sooo I always see this on Wattpad, mostly, that when an author writes about a characters outfit, if the character is wearing heels or a dress, a lot of people are generally against it.

Am I the only girl who actually enjoys wearing dresses, skirts, and heels?

I have nothing against someone who doesn't but I just find it interesting how some people just seem to hate the idea of a dress.

I love wearing heels. I feel tall when I wear them which is great because I'm short. And I love dresses because my legs don't feel captivated. I don't know if it's just me or something.

It's probably just me.

Random Question of the Day: Is there a certain reason why some prefer pants over skirts and dresses?