Chapter 22

Sebastian & His Lost Boys

The weather in Neverland had changed drastically over night. Instead of the nice, clear skies they had been having, everything turned dark. The clouds threatened to drop rain on them, the howling winds rattled the trees, and the days grew short.

Peter Pan still wasn't back, and it was driving Evelina insane. It had been three days, and she had gotten over her illness. She would spend her days getting to know the other lost boys. But she narrowed her friends down to only Sebastian and Felix. Bash more than Felix.

But nonetheless she was polite to everyone.

"Checkmate." Evelina mumbled as she knocked down Felix's black pieces. Felix grumbled and placed another tally under Evelina's name. They had been playing chess for over two hours and Evelina had so far beaten Felix each time. The boy was becoming upset by his constant losses.

"You're cheating somehow." He snapped and Evelina giggled.

"I am not cheating. You just aren't the best at chess." She replied and Felix ruffled his hair before shoving down the chess pieces.

"I'm done losing to you, Evelina, let's play something else." Felix said and threw the chess pieces into a bag.

"Fine, you sore loser." She said and frowned as she watched Felix grabbed a brown, old bag and began to look through it. Evelina peered at him.

"What's in the bag?"

"Games. Pan brings them back from his trips from the other realms for the younger lost boys, but you seem to enjoy them just as much." Evelina watched as Felix fished out a deck of cards.

"Round of poker?" Felix questioned and Evelina raised an eyebrow at him.

"How do you know how to play poker?"

"Bash taught me." He mumbled and Evelina shrugged as the boy across from her began to shuffle the cards.

As the two played cards and talked among themselves, Bash sat on a log around the largest fire pit with the rest of the lost boys.

"Bash?" The boy turned his head at the sound of T.T.'s voice.

"What?"

"Got any snacks?" Bash rolled his eyes, but nonetheless pulled chopped up fruit in a little wrapped up cloth. Bash and Felix always had little snacks available in their pockets for T.T. in case he ever asked.

T.T.'s face lit up when he saw the snack and grabbed it out of Sebastian's hand.

"So... What're we gonna do with her?" Devin asked as he gestured over to Evelina. Bash scrunched his nose and glanced over to the young girl, who was laughing at something Felix had done.

"What do you mean?" Bash questioned.

"Well, she's a girl. Girls don't belong on Neverland." Rufio mumbled as he chewed on a piece of dry beef. Sebastian's eyes twitched but he had to control himself in front of the boys.

"Pan will end you if you ever speak of Evelina like that. She is now basically the ruler of Neverland. Respect her as if she's another Lost Boy. Except she will murder you if you mess her." He said seriously and the two lost boys scoffed.

"The last time a girl was here, it caused-"

"We do not speak of that, Rufio!" Sebastian suddenly snapped loudly and watched as Rufio slumped back in embarrassment.