Chapter 34

Farmhouse

Evelina was bored out of her mind. The cage didn't give her much to do, with the lack of room and such. She entertained herself with the bamboo rams on the sides. She was a prisoner of her own thoughts, she had nothing better to do. She looked down at the magical cuff on her wrist and began to tug on it. She grunted when she couldn't take it off. She growled and threw her body against the sides of the cage. Evelina cried out and curled up in a ball when all she received was pain. Her stomach and arms began to ache.

"I don't feel so good..." She whined. Her stomach had felt funny ever since she ate the supposed burger that Wendy had brought her. Evelina was 99% sure the food that Wendy gave her wasn't a legit burger.

She looked out of the sliver between two bars and saw a small mango hanging onto a branch with all its might. She sighed. Evelina was upset she couldn't eat the fruit.

She began to whine again. She kicked the sides of her cage, in hopes of breaking one lose. No such luck.

Evelina suddenly stopped her whining when she heard footsteps approaching her cage. She grew curious when the cage door opened but stiffened when she saw Wendy standing there.

"Get up prisoner, we have somewhere to be." Evelina stuck her head out and glanced around. Two people she had never seen before stood at Wendy's side. The young princess sunk back into the cage and gave a tight smile.

"I think I'll stay here, thanks." Evelina said. Wendy rolled her eyes and signaled her two minions. They both grabbed the edge of the cage and tilted it to the side, causing Evelina to come tumbling out. She landed flat on the ground and gave a groan.

"Du tispe." Evelina cursed. Wendy ignored her. She gave anothet signal to the men next to her and they pulled Evelina's arms back before tying a piece of rope around her wrists. She yelped in pain when she felt them burn into her pale skin.

"What the-"

"These ropes are enchanted. Put up a fight, they will burn deeper into your skin." Wendy said as she watched Evelina give a sudden sharp move but then crumble to the ground in pain.

"Come along now. And don't dawdle." Wendy snapped. She walked off into the trees. Evelina was pulled up by the two who bent to Wendy's commands. She was dragged into the thick trees.

Her feet ached. She looked down to her clothes. It was a bad time to wear flats. Her favorite pair of black flats were covered in dirt. The tiny bows on top of each shoe looked like stringy hair, all covered in mud. The tight jeans she wore were ripped at the knees from falling too much and just like her shoes, they were covered in dust and dirt. Her long sleeved gray shirt with the cute peter pan collar had gotten a cute reaction from Peter when she explained the name of the collar.

"It's a peter pan collar. Or at least that's what they call it." Evelina explained as she showed Peter the shirt she planned to wear for the day. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her.

"They named a type of collar after me?"

"No you were named after a type of collar." Evelina teased and he grunted.

"I don't even wear that type of collar."

"I know you don't."

"Then why did they call it that?"

"... Huh. I'm not actually sure, min kjære." Evelina responded as she slipped the shirt on. She fixed the collar straight and turned to show Peter her full outfit. He watched her with eyes of admiration before mumbling,