Chapter 25

Camp

When Evelina's body hit the water of the lake, Sebastian's followed in moments. As soon as he felt the water on his body, he sprung up above the water. He coughed loudly as he found the break of water, and he was relieved he had survived the great fall.

"I bloody hate that fall." He snapped to himself and looked around.

"Evelina?" He quickly checked all his sides before groaning and mentally hitting himself.

"Bloody hell." He mumbled before diving under the water again to search for Evelina unconscious body.

~

"Come on, boys, I'm getting tired of waiting for your lousy asses to get into camp already!" Pan snapped and the lost boys quickly picked up their pace. Once it was just Felix and Pan, they threw in the remaining bags on the slide.

Felix didn't even turn to Pan as he jumped in the same way Evelina and Bash had done. Peter scoffed.

He shut all the other entrances but the stairway. He stood at the top of the dirt stairs when he knee everyone had gotten in. With his fist, he banged on the side of the tree three times and stairway entrance closed behind him.

The lost boys were officially in hiding.

~

When Sebastian managed to pull Evelina out of the underground lake, she was still unconscious. Bash groaned and began to push down on her chest.

"How come you're always getting yourself hurt, Evelina?" Sebastian snapped and opened slightly opened her mouth. He began to perform CPR and in seconds, Evelina coughed up warm water. She threw up her insides and Bash pulled her hair back.

"I feel like I'm your best friend and you drank too much at a club or something. Don't get used to me holding your hair back Evie." Bash snapped and Evelina have a pained whine.

"My throat burns." She rasped. Her voice was so scratchy, it broke when she spoke.

Sebastian lifted her up to her feet with a grunt and gently nudged her along.

"Let's go. Camp is that way." He said as he pointed to the left of him, where all the lost boys were already heading.
Evelina glanced around.

"Where's Peter?"

"He'll catch up, snow princess."

~

Camp was something Evelina didn't expect. It was nothing too extravagant. There were plenty of tents set up, two fire pits, a couple of logs, and many weapons just lying around.

But Evelina's favorite thing were the crystals that belonged to the walls of the underground cave. Bash told her not to touch them. They were too pretty for someone to have, he had said.

"It's one of the many riches Neverland has. Cost a fortune, I assume." Bash said when Evelina had pointed the crystals out to him. They both sat on a log around the fire pits, waiting for Pan to get to camp.

"One of its riches? What are the others?"

"Gold. I believe it's around the Northern Mountain. There's a small pond there that can heal all injuries. Pixie Dust is another. In Mermaid's Cove some pearls can be found. But each treasure is cursed." Evelina raised an eyebrow.

"Cursed?"

He nodded.

"Of course. Pan doesn't want anyone to steal the glory of Neverland. Each treasure is protected by someone. Like, the Pixie Dust is protected by the fairies and they can use it without feeling the effects of the curse. The pearls are protected by the mermaids and so on and so forth."

"And what happens if someone does touch the treasures? What kind of curse is placed upon them?" Evelina questioned and watched as Bash shivered.

"Each curse effects the person differently. It just depends."

"Has anyone ever touched the treasures?"

"Pirates have gone mad because of it. I don't remember the effects they all had but it happened." He mumbled and Evelina hummed in returned. The lost boy could clearly see her gears turning in her head as she thought of the many treasures Neverland had to offer. But she soon looked up and saw Peter making her way to her.

So she smiled widely and gave a light wave.

She forgot about the crystals.

~

"I do need to talk to you about some things." Evelina mumbled as she stared at the chess set in front of her. Peter hummed in response.

"About what, my love?"

"I'm not quite sure how to ask this."

"You can ask me anything, Evelina." He said, not really paying attention to what she was saying, as he concentrated on the game of chess before him. He lifted up a chess piece and just as he was about to move it, Evelina asked her question.

"Why do you like me?"

The chess piece dropped from his fingers. He looked up to meet Evelina's eyes. Her vibrant eyes never left his as she watched him ruffle his hair.

"I love your beautiful hair
Your eyes. Your lips." Peter went to lean over to kiss her but she backed away.

"That's not good enough." She whispered and Peter Pan's lips tightened into a straight line.

"Well I wasn't done." He said with a smirk.

"You're not afraid to call me out on my shit, my love. When we first met, you feared me, yet when I spoke ill of your mother, father or any of those pest Charming's you were quick to their defense. I admire your loyalty over anything. You clearly care for all of them."

Evelina stayed silent.

"But I left them." She mumbled. Peter grabbed her hand in comfort. He suddenly got a chill and he noticed some frost coming out of the tips of her fingers.

"It was your decision to leave, Evelina."

"I know... But I just feel like I abandoned them. I owe them a lot, Peter." She muttered and let out a huff.

"It's not like you killed someone." Evelina scoffed.

"Have you ever killed anyone?" Evelina then asked. She watched as Peter leaned back and scrunched his face. He was seriously thinking it through.

"I believe so, yes." He said thoughtfully and Evelina smacked his arm.

"That's horrible!"

"Well he was asking for it, darling!" Pan defended himself and Felix scoffed as he passed him.

"Yes, that is if eating a mango from your favorite tree counts as asking for it." The blond said and Peter glared at him. The young Frost gaped at Pan.

"You killed him because he ate a mango?!"

"...In my defense, it was my favorite tree."

*unedited*

It's a slow chapter because of my writers block. But it'll pick up next chapter, I swear.

Don't leave me all alone please.

Jk, I'm never alone. The voices in my head keep me company.