Chapter 37

Regina to the Rescue

A Couple Hours Earlier...

Regina huffed as she looked around Granny's Diner. The Charming's meeting was taking long and she was desperate to just get back out there to find the bloody Wicked Witch of the West.

With everyone's rambling going on for so long, Regina finally spoke up and pushed her way through everyone to get to the door of the diner.

"With all due respect, we have bigger issues right now than to figure out how the witch managed to overpower the Dark One. The fact that he was in the Wicked Witch's basement, for one. I want to know what the hell she was cooking up with him." She said as she slipped on her coat.

"Well, the best way to find that out would be to ask Gold, right?" Snow said and David nodded.

"He could tell us who the witch is... Maybe how to track her down."

"He probably won't. If he truly is being controlled by the Wicked Witch that means she has the dagger. She'll prevent him from telling us anything."

"I'm gonna head back to that farmhouse. It's possible this witch left behind some trace of potion or a special ingredient." Regina said.

"Have at it. Just be careful." Snow said and Regina nodded.

"She's the one who needs to be careful. She invaded my space. When I return the favour, I'm not pulling any punches."

~

Zelena stood on a hill in the middle of the woods. She looked out to Storybrooke. Zelena couldn't wait until her plan worked out perfectly. She would get the life she always deserved. Everything that she had worked for. Everything that should've been hers in the first place; It would all be hers.

She smirked before she pulled out the Dark One's dagger. It wasn't easy getting this. Zelena remembered how she had to steal it right off of Peter Pan's stupid pathetic girlfriend.

Ages ago...

Zelena watched as Peter and Evelina slept together. The young girl had cried her eyes out after finding out her mother had died, and Zelena knew she wouldn't wake up from the amount of tears she lost.

As for Pan, she had slipped sleeping powder in his tea. He had fallen asleep with his arm over Evelina's waist, him spooning her.

Zelena slowly opened the doors that led to the balcony and slipped inside the room. She took careful steps towards Evelina's side and looked at her chest. A small necklace was wrapped around her neck and Zelena knew it was disguised as the dagger.

The witch slowly grabbed the necklace and used her magic to transform it into the dagger. She smirked when she saw it and yanked it. The chain broke and the dagger sat in Zelena's green hand. Zelena was about to step away victoriously when a pale hand grasped her hand, and the witch looked up in surprise. Evelina's eyes were narrowed as she stared straight at Zelena.

"Who the fuck are you and what do you think you're doi-"

Zelena blew pink powder in Evelina's face, causing the young girl to knock out instantly.

The witch backed away and gave a snicker. She held onto the dagger before waving it over Evelina's sleeping body.

She cast a Forget-Me-Not spell on the young princess and removed all of Evelina and Peter's memory of her ever having the dagger. Zelena's smug expression increased as she turned away towards the balcony.