Chapter 4

Blood Loss

The cabin the young Frostling had found was quite pleasant, and it quickly became a nice place for her to rest, especially when she found some dry, sweet fruit. After Evelina struggled to eat, she felt her powers regaining themselves and becoming stronger. But it didn't last long, for she then felt a horrid pain in her lower abdomen.

Evelina looked down and gasped silently when she saw her clothes, drenched with her own blood. She fell to her knees and gently put pressure on her wound, but she let out a groan when she noticed a shard of glass in her stomach. Evelina shut her eyes before grabbing it tight. Without second thought, Evelina yanked the glass out. Of course it was a foolish mistake.

She let out a horrid scream, and ice began to fill the room.

Evelina quickly put pressure on the wound. She had lost a lot of blood, she didn't need to lose more. She felt weaker by the minute. She grunted loudly and let out a loud hiss as she reached for her bag off the table. She yanked it down to the floor with her arm and desperately began to rummage through it. She gave a happy sigh when she found a bottle filled with a gold liquid. It was a healing tonic, one she had borrowed from Regina's magical vault, where the ex-villain kept many of her good and dangerous items. Regina had them all specially transported from the Enchanted Forest to Storybrooke.

Evelina had taken it a while back when she broke her ankle after falling off of Henry's wooden castle when she and the boy were much younger, and she had hid it away in her bag and forgotten about it ever since. She figured Regina wouldn't even miss it.

But the potion was only a liquid to help hurry the process of healing. It didn't cure Evelina's wounds completely and she would have to be careful for the next couple of days if she wished to survive.

She quickly ripped a piece of her clothing off and popped the bottle open. She pressed the cloth up to the opening of the bottle and tipped it carefully, causing the healing potion to pour out and soak the cloth.

Evelina sealed it shut again and placed it away for later use. She then pressed the wet cloth up against her wound, letting a pained groan fill the room. Evelina whimpered as she moved the cloth again, trying to use as much of its power as possible.

As the magical effects started to take place on Evelina's pained skin, she was able to breath a little better. Evelina looked down at her pale stomach, and nearly threw up at the sight of her ghastly wound. Although the magic did start to close off the opening on her skin, she still felt weak.

And she slowly slipped into a dreamless sleep.

~

The food was getting cold as the princess, Aurora, paced the floors of the gazebo. She looked out to the lands of the Enchanted Forest and thought of how peaceful everything was. It was a facade, for even though it was calm now, it wouldn't be like that long. Terror had taken place in the Enchanted Forest, and it had effected the many lives of those who remained in Storybrooke. But it wasn't going to stop the princess from having a lovely picnic with her prince. She smiled but soon her face turned into a small frown.

Aurora mentally scolded her husband for running late. She and the baby inside of her were getting frustrated. But her foul mood soon improved when she heard the familiar clopping of his horse.

"You're late." She snapped as she stared at her husband. The man hopped off his horse and kissed his wife's forehead and put a hand on her swollen belly.

"I came as quickly as I could." Prince Phillip responded and his princess, Aurora smiled up at him with a teasing smile.

"I'm hungry, and I missed you." She said as she glanced back at the picnic she had prepared for a romantic afternoon with her husband. Phillip chuckled.

"You are always hungry now. And cranky." He said as he glanced to her belly. Princess Aurora covered her stomach and smiled.

"I'm sorry. I know there are royal responsibilities I just-"

"None that match my responsibilities to you. And our family. I'm the one who should be sorry." Phillip cut his wife off and pulled her in for a light kiss. He had waited for her for so long and to finally have her back in his arms felt like heaven to him. But the moment was soon over when loud cracking thunder approached them from the skies. A purple smoke rapidly headed towards the two royals and Aurora pulled away from Phillip.

"What is that? Is it a storm?" She asked with slight panic. But Phillip knew better than to think this was a normal storm. What was heading towards them was something much worse.

"That's no storm. That's magic. Come! We need to get you to safety now!" Phillip yelled and grabbed his wife's arm. He tugged her towards the gazebo and they both ran. The magic was too quick for them, and soon, the magic consumed them.

Phillip covered Aurora with his body in attempts to save her and his baby.

But when the magic disappeared away, they saw no difference their appearance or surroundings.

"Are you all right?" Phillip questioned his girl as he examined her features, checking for injuries. He found none.

"Yeah, yeah. I think so." Aurora mumbled as she wrapped her arms around her belly.

"What was that?" She inquired, her breathing completely off as she tried to settle her nerves.

"I don't know." As Phillip and Aurora looked before them, they both saw a group of people. Aurora recognized the first person she saw. It was someone who she owed her very life to. Someone who she thought she would never see again. Aurora moved away from her husband and took small steps towards them.

"Snow, what happened?"

Snow White took a deep breath before stepping up.

"We're back."

*unedited*