Chapter 15

Her Fear of Flying

Night had finally fallen. And after having a good discussion of why Evelina wouldn't be able to shoot ice from her eye, Sebastian had decided it was time to take flight.

He looked up to the sky, and for a moment he did not want to leave. The stars looked too beautiful, and he didn't want to ruin the precious moment. But he did change his mind when he saw the Northern star, with the second star on its right.

And he knew how much it meant to Peter that Evelina came back. So he stood up and looked to her, giving her a grin.

"Time to fly, gorgeous." Bash said and grabbed Evelina's hands before hoisting her up to her feet. Evelina groaned and cleaned the grass off her bum.

"But I've never flown before, Bash." Evelina mumbled and Sebastian patted her head in a comforting manner.

"Don't worry, princess. It's quite easy. The dust does most of the work. You only really need to keep balance." He said and began to act out the positions.

Sebastian stretched out his arms straight and then flapped them vigorously.

"See this? Don't do this. You're not a bird." He informed and then stopped flapping.

Evelina nodded and looked up at the sky.

"I think I can do it." She said confidently. But on the inside, Evelina was screaming bloody murder. Anything could go wrong, and Evelina made a new discovery about her fears. One she didn't know existed until they suddenly rushed into her head and Evie hated her new fear of heights.

Psh. I can do it. She thought to herself, trying to encourage her own mind not to throw up when they left.

Sebastian pulled a bottle out of his satchel. Evelina smiled at him.

"Oh! It's that bottle filled with the sparkly sugar!" Evelina exclaimed and Bash raised an eyebrow at her and had a bewildered look.

"What the fuck? It's pixie dust, women, pixie dust!" He snapped and Evelina's eyes widened.

"Don't curse at me, Mr.Sebastian 'I don't know your last name'... Wait do you even have a last name?" Evelina asked. She watched as Sebastian's body stiffened, but he said nothing.

"I don't remember my last name. It's been so long." Sebastian mumbled. He quickly shut down the topic and opened the top of the bottle. Evelina got closer. She watched as Bash poured a good amount of dust into the palm of his hand.

With no warning, Sebastian blew it at Evelina's face. The young girl was taken off guard and she coughed loudly. She glared at Bash.

"Hva i helvete var det?" She snapped and gagged as she had accidentally swallowed some of the pixie dust. As she choked on her own, Bash threw more dust on her head and then dumped the rest of the pixie dust onto him. He coated himself in it and glanced at Evelina.

"You only need 3 things to fly-"

"Oh geez, why is flying so complicated."

"Anyways," Bash glared at Evie for interrupting, "you need faith, trust, and pixie dust... And happy thoughts."

Evelina nodded as the information sunk in.

"Ok so I trust you, I have faith, and we already poured the dust. What kind of happy thought do I need?" Evelina asked.

"The best you can possibly think of. It has to be a pure thought, one that you know will always bring a smile to your face."

Evelina thought back throughout her life. She had plenty of happy thoughts, but it was difficult to only choose one.