Chapter 24

The Pit of Death

When Wendy, Lily, and Melody entered Neverland, the land trembled beneath Wendy Darling's feet. She smirked before glancing at the kidnapped mermaid. She was still tied up, being dragged around by Lily. Her eyes shot daggers to Wendy, but she ignored her.

"I can't believe I'm back." Tiger Lily said happily as she looked around the island. It had been years since Lily had been back in her native land, and she was excited to see her family once again.

"Can I go see my family?" She asked and the brunette nodded.

"The chief will be pleased to see his daughter once again." Wendy agreed. She grabbed Melody's wrists and yanked her along.

"Maybe a mermaid sacrifice will be good for the Indians." Wendy smirked and Melody hissed under her gag. As the three girls began to walk through Neverland's jungles, the little mermaid could only think of Evelina. She was on this island with Peter.

It wasn't clear to her what Wendy Darling was planning to do now that she was back on the Neverland, and why the Indians were helping her.

But she did know she wasn't going to be alive for very long.

Her life was literally on the clock.

~

Evelina whined as she walked behind the lost boys. She was stuck between Sebastian and Devin, the two who were responsible for the young Frost's safety.

"I'm tired." Evelina whined. Her feet were sore, and she just wanted to sit down and sleep. They had been walking for a while now, and for the lasr thirty minutes, Evelina had decided to voice her complains loudly.

Peter, who was all the way up in front of the line of the boys, heard Evie so he stopped walking. He gave Felix a look and the lost boy continued on leading the rest of the boys through the dangerous jungles. Peter waited for Evelina and when she approached him, he pulled her away from the line of boys. Sebastian and Devin slowed down to wait for the snow princess, but Peter waved them off.

"What's wrong, my love?" Peter asked softly. He caressed her cheek and Evelina nearly purred as she leaned into Pan's touch.

"I'm just tired, min kjære." She whispered and Peter chuckled at the nickname.

"Can I ask what that means?" He asked lowly and Evelina smiled sweetly.

"My dearest. Min kjære." Peter smiled before capturing her lips in a passionate kiss. Evelina giggled. She kissed him back and let out a soft moan.

"I don't know how I feel about making out in the middle of a dirty jungle." She whispered into Pan's ear and glanced around at all the bature surrounding them. She scrunched her nose.

Peter let out a husky groan and pushed Evelina against a tree. He smirked down at her.

"Min kjære, hva gjør du?"

"I have no idea what you just said but I'll just assume you are enjoying this." He mumbled and Evelina laughed. She gently pushed him away but kept him close by the collar of his shirt.

"We are not doing that in the middle of a jungle, Peter." She kissed his cheek one more time before walking past him.

Peter Pan chuckled.

"But we will do that eventually, right?" He asked in a suggestive manner. Evelina turned back and gave Peter a flirty look.

"Maybe." She whispered with a wink. Peter grunted as he quickly caught up to her.