Chapter 31 - Irresistible Urge

Ishani put some toothpaste on her brush and started to vigorously scrub her teeth. Her sleep engrossed mind still failed to match the movement of her hand and the toothbrush fell in the washbasin. Cursing, she picked it up and was about to start again when the doorbell rang.

Whoever it is can wait; she thought to herself and kept at her chore. But it rang again and this time multiple times.

Must be Lata, her maid; no patience at all.

The doorbell rang again and this time kept ringing for several seconds than usual.

Urgh! Where is the fire?

Grunting irritably, she pushed the brush into her mouth and went to open the door.

Rudra was about to press the doorbell button once more when the door opened with a jerk.

"What's the hurry, Lata? Can't you wait?" she asked closing her eyes trying to blank out the bright sunlight.

Driven by impulse, he pushed the door fully open and dragged her into his arms.

Ishani was stunned for a second and then she realised who it was.

Oh!

His warm breath brushed against her naked neck and she instantly shivered feeling that awesome zipping sensation tingling all the way to her fingertips.

She was about to lean into his arms when suddenly he released her.

"Thank God! You are okay," she heard him say.

But, all she could do was blatantly stare at his face, which looked flushed.

Was that panic in his eyes?

Shut up, Ishani. Why would he panic?

"I was so worried. Thank God, you are absolutely fine," she heard him say again and this time she blinked twice as the words sank in.

When she did not answer or for that matter budge from her place, Rudra closed the main door and turned towards her. Inching a little closer, he lowered himself towards her and looked straight into her eyes.

"You look cute."

Huh?

Cute?

Oh shit! Did she still have the toothbrush inside her mouth? Turning, she ran towards the bathroom and closed the door.

Yeah right, she had the stupid thing in her mouth and she was in her night pyjamas and sleep tee, which was a little transparent and yes she wasn't wearing a bra. And, a drop of the toothpaste foam had landed right on her tee.

Brilliant!

Quickly she brushed her teeth and then rinsed it. She peeked out of the bathroom and found Rudra sitting on the sofa. Thank God!

She ran to her bedroom and changed in a super-sonic speed.

But while she was getting dressed, her mind flashed the only thing that hadn't made sense. With her looking like a splendid case of morning mess, he still found her cute. How?

And, why is he here?

Rudra was pacing in the drawing room when he saw her come through the door.

"Why is your phone switched off?"

Ishani didn't answer him; instead, her eyes surveyed him top to bottom.

"Why are you here?"

She saw Rudra crossing his arms around his body as he gave her a bewildered look. When he did not answer, she went inside the bedroom again and picked up her phone. Switching it on, she came out of the room and saw him standing the same way.

"Now it's on. But why are you here? As far as I remember we are supposed to meet for lunch and not breakfast."

He came forward towards her and tapped her forehead.

"Would you care to look at the time?" he said gesturing to the phone in her hand.

What did he think she was? An idiot? She knew what the time was. Irked, she sighed breathily and flicked her gaze at her phone. And, the moment she did her eyes widened with shock.

3 pm?

It can't be. The phone must have caught something. She was about to switch it off again when Rudra stopped her.

"It's really 3."

"I don't believe you," she said as she went and switched on her television and then looked at the time on the program list.

So, it was really 3 in the afternoon. Had she really slept that long? Slowly she turned around and looked at him sheepishly.

"Sorry!"

Rudra smiled and pulled her towards him. The moment his arms went around her, she relaxed and he rested his forehead against hers.

"What am I going to do with you, Ishani Raijdas?"

Destroy her, that's what you are going to do with her, his inner voice slyly said.

If his inner voice had been a person then he would have strangled him for irritatingly egging him in everything.

She moved her forehead away from his and said, "I am really sorry for oversleeping."

"Shhhhh! Don't apologise. We can still go for lunch that is if you are hungry."

Her stomach growled a little too audibly at the mention of lunch and she saw him smile slightly as he let her go.

"Give me 10 minutes," she said and rushed inside her bedroom.

Just as the door closed behind her, Rudra pulled out his mobile and messaged Mayank. Then he sat down on the sofa, his mind hovering over the plans for the next couple of hours. Everything was going a little too slow for him and he needed something that would speed the things up.

But what?

Think Rudra think, his inner voice nagged him.

He was still in his thoughts when the bedroom door opened. Forcing a smile, he got up as he saw her emerge from the room.

However, his smile disappeared the moment he laid his eyes on her. His well-thought plans vanished through the window as the sight in front slowly registered in his mind.

"What?" she asked as she saw him staring.

But Rudra couldn't answer. All he could do was astoundingly gape at her. Of all the times he had seen her, he had never imagined her like this. As his mind slowly started to function, something primitive and threatening tightened somewhere in his body.

Shaking his head, he tried to control it but somehow his body didn't listen. Uncontrollably, he strode towards her and pushed her towards the closed door.

"Rudra?"

"Shut up!" he hissed through his teeth as his mouth slowly lowered towards hers.

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest