Chapter 74 - The Other Woman

Rudra gave an exasperated sigh as he pulled away from her. Taking out his phone, he looked at the caller ID and frowned.

"I'll just be back," he said and turned away from her.

As he answered the call, she was about to move away but he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. Then he lowered his lips towards her ear and whispered—

"You are sexy as hell when you swear."

Ishani's body went up in flames the moment she heard him. She looked at him as he turned away from her again. Smiling, he stepped out of her room but she couldn't tear her eyes off his retreating back.

Had she imagined it or had he actually said what she heard?

Yes, Ishani he definitely said it.

She shook her head trying to shake off the feeling off but then couldn't. Sighing she breathed in and just then heard the doorbell. Knowing that it wouldn't be Rudra, she went and opened the door.

Their breakfast!

She smiled at the guy as he left after placing their breakfast trolley in the middle of the room. Suddenly as the aroma of food filtered in the room, her stomach made a grumbling noise. Sighing, she looked at her phone and realised why; it was ten thirty already. She sat down on the bed and dialled Rudra's number and found it busy. Just as she was about to venture out of her room to look for him, he appeared in front of her and dragged her inside.

"Let's have breakfast," he said enthusiastically.

The talked, laughed and yes teased each other while they had their breakfast. Just as they finished eating, he was getting up to leave when she stopped him.

"Would we be going for a safari again now?"

"No, not now. Safari will be in the afternoon. But right now if you want to see the forest you can. There is a group of photographers that will be leaving in 30 minutes."

She sat up straight all excited as she heard him and saw him smile as he looked at her exalted face.

"Okay! Get dressed," he ordered softly.

Jumping from the bed, she hugged him instinctively and rushed to the washroom with her clothes.

Ishani entered the lobby and saw Rudra talking to a woman. She was laughing at something he was saying. Even though it was not something that should bother her but still she felt a sense of unease run down her spine. She was about to go near them when she saw the woman placing her hand on his shoulder and caressing it.

Every bone in her body fired up. Closing her eyes, she tried to control her rampant emotions. As her mind calmed down, she opened her eyes and looked at them. The woman still had her hand on his shoulder. Gritting her teeth, she put on a smile as she approached them.

"Hey!" she said twining her arm around Rudra's possessively.

He smiled at her, placing his arm on her shoulder and pulled her towards him.

Instantly she saw the woman's eyes widening. Ishani stared back at her as she felt her eyes sizing her up.

"Samantha, this is Ishani, my girlfriend and this is Samantha, an old friend. She works for National Geographic as a Wildlife Photographer," Rudra said as he introduced them.

Ishani forced an amiable smile on her face as she extended her hand towards the woman. She could Samantha scrutinising her fully but suddenly she snapped her eyes to him and smiled.

"Girlfriend? Well, that's news," she said in a rather surprised tone.

And, Ishani felt Rudra stiffening next to her. She flicked her eyes to his face and saw it harden a little. Watching his jaw clenching with indignation, she tensed beside him.

"Rudra, shall we go?" she quickly intervened before his temper flared.

She almost sighed with relief as he guided them outside the reception and started walking towards the jeep. She smiled when he climbed into the jeep next to her but suddenly her smile disappeared as she saw Samantha getting in the jeep. As she settled on the seat opposite to them, she winked at Rudra who didn't notice but Ishani did.

All the way Ishani's eyes never left Samantha. Although the woman was busy with her camera but still every now and then she would either look at him trying to draw his attention or touch him in some way or the other. By the time the ride ended, Ishani was so pissed that she wanted to rip off that woman's hands and eyes.

As the jeep stopped in front of the hotel reception, she just jumped out and strode briskly inside. She needed something to cool her off. Picking the glass of water from the nearby table, she just walked towards the balcony behind the reception. She took a sip and closed her eyes, trying to let its gradual movement down her throat calm her growing rage.

What is with him, and women?

First Nina and now this Samantha?

How many women does he have in his life?

"So you are his girlfriend?"

Ishani's eyes opened with a snap just as she heard that patronising voice behind her. She turned taking her time and placed the glass on the table; better keep it out of the way before she gave in to her urge to hurl it on this woman's face.

Ignoring her, she was about to leave when Samantha grabbed her arm.

"Rudraveer Sangawat doesn't do relationships. He only uses women for his pleasure."

Ishani's mind flared up with her words. She flicked her gaze to her and then looked down at the hand holding her arm. Jerking it off, she was about to leave when Samantha called her name.

"I was one of them so I know."

Ishani couldn't take it anymore. She had hoped that the woman would drop it if she ignored her but no; she has to go on. Again she turned slowly towards her and straightened. Narrowing her eyes a little, she flicked her gaze really slow all over her body. When her eyes fixed on hers, she gave her a full stare.

"What's between me and Rudra is none of your fucking business."

She saw Samantha smile and then saw her walk to her.

"Sex hasn't happened right?"

Ishani's temple twitched with irritation just as she heard her.

"Ah ha! That's why he is still with you coz he hasn't had you till now."

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest