Chapter 78 - The Mesmerising Woman

Ishani saw Nina and Samantha looking around the room. And, the moment their eyes rested on the Anarkali suit on the bed, they sniggered.

"Now I am sure Rudra will be with me," Nina said with disdain.

When Ishani did not say anything, Samantha came and grabbed her hand.

"You know he hates women in Indian dresses. And I am sure you will look as ugly as you look now. What do you say, Nina?"

Nina laughed lowly as her gaze went up and down Ishani's body.

"You don't have any chance. So, quit it and save yourself the humiliation."

Saying this, both women left.

The moment they left, she banged the door shut and started to pace the room.

How dare they?

Who do they think they are?

Her inner-self was fuming like a raging animal. Their words had not only taunted what she felt for Rudra but also her womanhood.

Her hands balled into fists as her mind bombed with their words.

She was no way giving up neither is she going to give those two bitches the pleasure of getting their claws on Rudra.

Rudra is mine and will remain mine forever.

Determined, she strode towards the cupboard and opened it. Picking up the packet from the shelf, she pulled out the saree. Even after Annie cajoling her to wear it she had decided against it. But now she was hell-bent.

Ishani pulled out the pins from her hair and started all over again.

It was time to show some people what she is made of.

**************

Rudra looked at his watch and instantly felt irritated.

Dammit! The party!

Why did Ishani agree for it?

Knowing that he did not have any other choice but to attend, he closed his laptop and got up from the chair.

It was almost close to 7:30 pm by when he was fully dressed and ready to leave. He exited his tree house and was about to go towards Ishani's when he saw Ram coming towards him.

Ram halted in front of him as Rudra looked at him questioningly and he handed him a piece of paper.

Rudra opened it and found a note from Ishani. She had asked him to go ahead as she would take time to get ready. Although he inwardly revolted against her request but somehow gave in.

The party had already started when he reached the banquet hall. He was greeted by Samantha but the moment he saw the woman standing in the corner smirking at him his eyes narrowed.

Nina!

What is she doing here?

He briskly strode to her and grabbed her arm, and pulled her out towards the balcony.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I thought you might need some company. Don't be angry. Sam asked me to come," Nina replied pouting hard.

But the gesture was lost on Rudra. He was angry as hell. Dammit, this will ruin his plans completely. If Ishani sees Nina here then all this will end in a matter of seconds.

"Get out, Nina. You are not welcome here."

Saying this, he was about to leave when suddenly he remembered something.

"If you are here then who is taking care of London?"

Within seconds he could feel her squirm. His eyes became dark just as the thought that she had left work to be here registered in his mind. He grabbed her elbow and pulled her to him.

"If anything goes wrong in London, you are fired."

With a last commanding glance, he turned away only to be halted by her voice.

"Is this because of that low-class woman?"

Rudra simply lost it the moment he heard her. Whirling around, he dangerously strode towards her making her back against the wall.

"Don't cross your limits. Go back to London now and I'll not fire you. Stay here and I'll ruin you irrevocably."

Knowing that he has finally instilled the required in Nina, he stepped into the banquet room. He wanted out.

He located Samantha who was standing in the corner chatting with her friends and straightaway went to her. Tapping on her shoulder, he was about to tell her he was leaving when the sudden hush in the room stopped him.

Rudra gaze shifted to the door and his whole body became stock-still.

Ishani was striding slowly into the hall wearing an emerald green saree.

And, she looked more than breathtaking. He kept looking at her as her feet moved along the floor and the pleats of her saree flowed gracefully with every step of hers.

The room suddenly ceased and vanished into thin air as she neared him. All of a sudden she stopped as one of the photographers from Samantha's group started to click her picture. She posed sideways and gave a million watt smile and Rudra lost himself. Then she again started moving towards him and he regretted making the hall so big for it was taking a hell of a long time for her to reach him. Yes, he could go to her if only his feet would move.

Finally, after all the interruptions and the excruciatingly long wait, she came and stood in front of him.

Rudra's gaze travelled all over her and then came back again to her eyes.

Her black kohl filled eyes.

Mesmerising and mysterious.

Slowly his gaze left her eyes started to go down again. Today she had applied a little bit of glossy colour on her lips and they looked tempting as hell.

Ishani looked at him and knew he couldn't take his eyes off her. She looked around and found Samantha and Nina standing the corner whispering something. She smiled at them and took a step towards them but his raised hand stopped her. Flicking her gaze at him, she stopped and then turned away from him.

Rudra blood seethed with desire as his gaze settled on her turned back.

It was completely bare and as she moved the muscles bunched together and then relaxed making him go all mad with lust. He wanted to spread his hands on her back and feel her skin against his palm. As his eyes slowly went up, he realised that she was wearing a halter neck. Her bare shoulders and low side cuts were just the cinders needed to light the fire inside him.

Suddenly he saw Ishani's hand going to the ornate hair stick in her messy knot. She pulled the stick free and her gorgeous long hair cascaded down like a vibrant waterfall.

And, Rudra went up in flames.

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest