Chapter 76 - The Only Woman

Rudra looked at her with confusion and felt her moving away from him. But something in him just propelled him to pull her back. As she collided with her chest, he encircled his arms around her trying to draw her into him completely. However, there was something in her body language that told him that she was not at all interested in being physically close to him.

"Why are you asking me this?" he asked tipping her face up.

Ishani was so frustrated and irritated with everything that her mind just did not register his question. She kept looking into his eyes trying to gauge whether there was any hint that she was not the only one. But in all these months for the first time, she saw his eyes completely devoid of any emotion. Inwardly she shivered and instantly felt him tightening his arms around her. She cleared her throat and opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"Ishani, what happened? Why are you asking me this?" she heard him ask.

Scared and confused to the core, she wriggled free and stepped away from him.

"I-I ne-ed to go," she stuttered and turned from him and started to walk away.

Something in her stiff back and shaking hands warned him and he just whirled towards her.

"Ishani, you are not leaving without answering my question."

"I don't need to. Figure it out," she said as anger flared inside her.

She was about to step into the room when suddenly he caught her hand and pulled her hard towards him.

"Don't play games with me, Ishani. Tell me what's wrong?"

"When you have so many options, then why me?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" he asked not quite understanding what she meant.

"You perfectly know what I am talking about. First Nina then this woman Samantha; they are way better than me, then why me? Why are you with me? Why, Rudra?"

She saw his eyes widen with realisation just as the words hit home. Then it changed to anger in a matter of seconds. His eyes darkened with the emotion making her shiver within. She saw him taking her hand and placing it on his chest on the left.

Ishani felt his heart drumming heavily against her palm.

"I am with you because you are the only woman who does this to me every time you take my name."

"I am with you because you are the only woman who has the power to make my body go up in flames in a matter of seconds."

"I am with you because you are the only woman I am thinking about every night I go off to sleep and every morning I wake up."

"I am with you because you are the only woman who has the power to irritate me like hell."

"I am with you because you are the only woman who has the power to calm me down."

"I am with you because you are the only woman who makes me go on when all I want to do is shut myself from everything."

"Rudra!"

"Shh!" he hushed her placing his finger on her lips.

"I am with you, Ishani Raijdas because you are the only woman who makes me weak and gives me strength at the same time."

Her heart stopped and started to gallop with full force as his words sunk in. She bit her lip trying hard to control the overwhelming emotion threatening to flow down her eyes.

Rudra frowned a little and moved his finger along the ridge of her lower lip and pulled it out from the grip of her teeth.

"I am with you because Ishani Raijdas, you are the only woman who makes me all crazy when she bites her lips."

"I am with you because you are the only woman who has managed to heal me. I am with you because you are the only woman who has cried my share of tears."

She felt his hands cupping her face as his forehead connecting with hers.

"I am with you because, Ishani Raijdas, you are the only woman I love and want. I am with you because you are the only woman I can't just get enough of; the more I get close the more I want."

Every wisp of air with his whispered words fell on her lips like dew drops. Involuntarily she licked her lips and instantly felt his left hand falling away from her face. As his arm snaked around her waist, she felt him pulling her closer till there was not an inch of space between their bodies. As he gripped her chin and tilted her face up, she opened her eyes and looked into his. The blazing fire in them just answered the emotions raging inside her waiting to erupt.

"I am with you because you are the only woman I want to belong to."

"Will you please stop it," Ishani whispered not able to take it anymore.

She swallowed hard as something hard and lumpy got stuck in her throat making her choke on her words.

"You want to belong to me?" she asked when finally she was able to speak.

"Yes, I want to belong to you and no one else. And you know what, I want you to tell the world that Rudraveer Sangawat belongs to you, and you only."

The love she saw in his eyes radiated to her and almost gave her the wings that made all her doubts fly away. Swamped by the rampant sensations rising in her heart, she clutched his shirt hard and circled her arm around his neck.

Just as her fingers bunched his hair, he let out an audible groan and in the next instant, his hand gripped her neck. He pulled her face closer to his and captured her mouth hungrily.

Ishani whimpered low and felt his tongue plunge into her mouth. As his teeth nibbled lightly on her lower lip, she gave up all sane thought and gave in to the sweet assault of her mouth.

Suddenly Rudra felt her other arm going around his neck and every part of his mind just erupted with volcanic sensations. As her mouth fused with his more, he pushed her towards the wall and plundered her mouth, biting, caressing, licking and tasting her intoxicating lips.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest