Chapter 77 - The Challenge

Ishani heard the knocks and was about to move away from him but he just pinned her hard against the wall.

"Don't!" he commanded softly against her mouth placing small kisses all over her jaw.

He reached her ear and instantly his tongue snaked out to lick the lines. As he took the earlobe into his mouth and circled the tip of his tongue along the stud she was wearing, she groaned uncontrollably.

"You know what it does when you moan like this?" he asked pulling the soft skin with his lips earning another whimpering groan from her.

"What?"

"This!" he replied as he pressed his swollen lower part unashamedly between her thighs.

Her body jerked with the contact and she felt hot and wet juices filling her inner core. She felt him lift one leg of hers and instantly she wrapped it around him.

KNOCK

KNOCK

"Dammit!" she heard Rudra curse hard.

Slowly as he let her go, she stepped away.

Rudra went and opened the door and Samantha stepped inside.

The moment Ishani saw her, her eyes narrowed and she walked towards him and felt him pull her into his arms tightly.

"Hey, I thought I'll personally come to invite you Rudra," Samantha said clearing her throat.

"Invite?" Ishani asked before even Rudra could.

Samantha grimaced as she felt Ishani challenging her with her eyes.

"Yes, invite. We are having a small party in the banquet hall. And, as you are the owner Rudra, you are invited by default," she said smiling flirtatiously at him.

"Thanks, Sam, but no thanks. I would rather stay here with Ishani," he replied politely as he looked at Ishani with an endearing smile.

"Oh but she's also invited. You both are actually. Please Rudra, don't say no."

"No, Sam, we would—"

"Rudra, I think we should go. It would be really rude if we don't," she intervened placing her hand on his chest.

He smiled and nodded in affirmation and instantly a huge smile spread across Samantha's face. But it disappeared the moment her eyes rested on Ishani's.

Although there was a smile plastered on her lips, the glaring thunderous eyes challenged Samantha back.

*****************

It had been an hour since Rudra had left her alone in her room to attend his scheduled business phone calls.

Ishani wasn't at all bored for she was standing on the balcony watching the setting sun disappearing behind the small hills near the horizon. The sight sucked her so much in its depths that she forgot everything around her. She stared at it and suddenly felt fear of the inevitable that had not found a home in her head for a long time, grip her. Clutching the wooden rails of the balcony, she tried to shed the feeling but it just kept on spreading.

What if all this is not true?

Why does all this feel too good to be true?

Does Rudra mean it when it says that he belongs to her only?

Shaking her head, she tried to drive away the rising questions in her mind. She was about to sit down on the chair when her phone buzzed in her pocket.

'Video call if you are free.'

She shut off Annie's message and pressed the video call button.

"Hey!" she greeted her just as Annie's face appeared on the screen.

"Hey Ish! What's up? How are—"

Annie stopped the moment she saw her friend's face.

"What happened? Why do you look so sad?"

"It's nothing, Annie. Just that I am a little scared."

"Scared? You? O.M.G; that's news," Annie joked.

"Annie! I am not in the mood for jokes. This is bloody serious," said Ishani reprimanded her.

"Okay, okay. I get it. Come on Pandora, spill all your contents and let this wise one be your help," she saw Annie say as she waved her hands around like a magical wand.

Ishani shook her head looking at her antics and then started telling her everything. When she finished, she heaved a sigh and looked at her friend who was staring at her with a gaping mouth.

"Annie!"

But her friend was still in a daze.

"Annie!"

Still no reply.

"ANNIE!"

"OH. MY. GOD," Annie finally retorted shaking her head in disbelief.

"Would you please stop saying that and help me?"

"Ish, you are seriously dense sometimes. The man wants it all. Can't you figure that out? And that woman has challenged you coz she wants to prove her dominance over him. Now, my dear dumbo darling you will need to prove her wrong. But how?" Annie squinted as her mind tried to think of ways.

Suddenly her eyes lit up and she jumped on her bed.

"Did you take that saree with you?" she asked Ishani who just nodded.

"Great! Wear it tonight at the party."

"Are you mad? No, I am not going to wear that."

"Ish for once just shove your rationale brain in the gutter. Do you love him?"

Ishani nodded.

"Then do as I say. Wear that saree. And I swear Ish if that Samantha woman manages to catch his attention I will bury you alive," Annie warned as her eyes narrowed and brows knotted together.

Huffing, Ishani got up from the bed and took the saree out of the cupboard. Once Annie saw that she had it, she ended the call but not before she throwing multiple warnings her way.

An hour later she was still in the process of fixing her hair when suddenly the doorbell rang. Keeping the pins down, she got up from the chair and strode towards the door.

The moment she opened the door, she froze.

Nina was standing along with Samantha grinning from ear to ear.

They shoved the door and strode into the room.

"So you are his latest flavour," Nina asked scrutinising her.

Ishani narrowed her eyes and kept on looking at her. If she had learnt anything in all these years then it had been handling people who piss her off the moment they come in front of her. And, right now her mind was urging her to rip this woman's head but she would not give this one the pleasure of seeing her all riled up. That time is yet to come.

"Well, it's not going to last long now that I am here."

"Are you guys scared that you will lose?" Ishani asked looking from her to Samantha.

"There's no game. He will be with me tonight," Nina said confidently.

Ishani smiled and opened the door.

"We'll see."

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest