Chapter 66 - Her Soothing Touch

A pleasurable heat erupted in Rudra's body and suddenly everything around him just ceased. He tried to focus but his eyelids started to become heavy all of a sudden. Blinking he tried to concentrate on the light but it was diminishing.

Ishani softly licked his lower lip and bit it a little not controlling the urges inside her.

He was trying hard to keep on his feet but something was beckoning him to the ground. He wanted to sleep; he was tried. As he fell on the ground, he felt somebody's arms going around his body. Warmth spread through his body and instantly the coldness in him started to ebb away.

As her mouth slowly moved to cheek, she moved a little higher and pulled his head into her bosom. Then she opened his shirt and placed her hand on his heart. It was still erratic but it was better than before. She placed small kisses on his face and throat and slowly started to go down on his chest, trying her best to let him know that she was there.

Rudra felt his head being cradled in somebody's chest and it felt so good that he clutched the body to him. Somebody was kissing him everywhere and he welcomed the touch. As the kisses reached his chest, he closed his eyes and let the warmth slither through him.

And his demons embraced the chains of restraints as they fell asleep.

With a sigh, he also lost himself in the sensations of the heated touches and kisses on his body and his mind finally slipped into deep slumber.

Ishani felt his heart beating normally after several minutes. She looked up at his face and found him sleeping peacefully. Pulling herself up to his face, she kissed his forehead and then placed her lips to his ear.

"I love you."

Instantly she felt his heart beat quicken but then within seconds it again became normal.

******************

Rudra's body suddenly shivered and he instinctively stretched his hand to grab the warmth that had been wrapped around him all night. But his hand met with sheer emptiness. Struggling to open his eyes, he tried to get up but somehow his body did not allow. It felt as if there was a ton of bricks on it especially on his head.

He grunted hard and then placed a fist on the bed and pushed himself up. Blinking, he tried to focus and saw that he was in a tree house.

Okay, so he is in Bandhavgarh.

Shaking his head, he tried to remember when he reached here but it was all jumbled up in his head. The last thing he remembered was watching Ishani sleep soundly in his arms. And, it had pissed him off like hell.

How could she sleep so peacefully while he needed pills?

He threw the covers off and placed his feet on the ground. Then suddenly his eyes fell on the syringe on the bedside table. His eyes widened as the realisation of what had happened dawned on him.

Shit! His nightmares!

Instantly he panicked as all the possible scenarios played through his mind.

Where is Ishani?

Wait, was she with him when it happened?

Dammit! Why can't he remember anything?

He got up to his feet and swayed a little. Steadying himself, he looked around and found no one.

Where is she?

Ishani picked up the cup and took a sip from it. Ram was standing a few feet away from her looking at the sky. She could almost visualise the thoughts zipping through his mind. Both of them had checked on Rudra a few minutes back and he had been sleeping. Although his pulse and heartbeat had been normal, still the main concern was his nightmares.

As per Ram, they were making his heart weak.

She walked up to him and looked worriedly at him.

"I wish there was something that can stop all this," Ram said shaking his head.

"Is it only anxiety or something else?"

Ram was about to answer her when his phone rang and he looked at the caller ID. Sighing, he walked down the stairs and disappeared from her view.

Swallowing a sip from her cup, she looked beyond the trees at the sky and closed her eyes.

Oh, Mahadev!

Rudra peeked at the figure standing on the balcony and sighed with relief. Just by looking at her tense features and stiff back, he could say that she had seen it all.

Now the question was what happened? What did he do this time?

There's only one way of finding out.

He opened the door and stepped out on the balcony.

"Good Morning!"

Ishani turned the moment she heard his greeting. Her eyes rapidly surveyed his face and then she ran towards him.

"Oh! Thank god, you are okay," she said with relief as she engulfed him in her arms.

For seconds he was completely speechless as the warmth that he had been looking for since morning suddenly returned taking the cold feeling away. Shaking his head, he tried to stamp his urge to give into her touch. As he stepped a little away, he felt her arms fall to her sides.

He turned away from her and started to walk when suddenly her hand stopped him. As she urged, he turned towards her again but still didn't look at him.

"Look at me," she requested softly.

Although he didn't want to, there was something in her tone that forced her to flick his eyes at her.

Ishani looked into his eyes and saw nothing but the torment of every little scar on his body. She realised that his nightmares were just a fraction of what he had experienced; the actual pain was more than anyone could imagine. She cupped his face in her palms and slowly started to caress the cheeks with her thumbs. She could feel the tensions and pain slowly ebbing away from him with every small touch of her fingers.

Suddenly her eyes fell on his throat and she noticed the long scar on the side. Wishing to take away its agony once and for all, she placed her lips on it. Instantly she felt his body jerk and as her tongue touched his skin, she could feel his sharp intake of breath. Overwhelmed with his pain following in her, she couldn't hold her tears anymore.

Rudra's eyes snapped open as he felt something wet sliding down his chest. Instinctively, he cupped her face but she moved away before he could look.

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest