Chapter 80 - The Desirable Anxiety

Rudra couldn't hold himself anymore. He briskly strode into the room and placed his hand on her naked back.

Ishani's gasped with shock as the shiver of his touch ran through her body.

"You look mesmerisingly beautiful today," he whispered as his fingers messed with hers.

She gulped down the lump of emotion and looked at the mirror, and found him looking into her eyes through it. The darkened emotion in them was so tangible that she couldn't even blink.

"Ishani, I want you," she heard him whisper in her ears.

Immediately she shivered more with the impact of his words than his hand tracing random patterns on her back.

Rudra unpinned the saree from her shoulder and it slivered down her body like a snake, exposing her to him.

If she had been looking breathtaking before, then now she looked something out of this world. The low neckline of her blouse showed her plunging cleavage. The more he looked at it, the more he wanted to bury himself in its dark caverns.

Something dangerous and primitive coiled in his body and he pulled her closer to him.

"Rudra!"

Without any warning, he buried his lips in her exposed neck and started to nibble the flesh and licking it again and again between the nibbles.

Her body just went up in flames as his tongue circled patterns on her skin. She tried her best to shake off the feeling rising in her but it was completely impossible with his arms going around her body. Suddenly her body shivered with the whole impact and she tried to move away but instantly felt his arms tightening.

However, she wriggled hard and he let her go.

Picking up the pallu of her saree, she draped it again over her shoulder and moved away.

Rudra watched her as she went and stood next to the balcony door. There was something in the posture of her body that told him that she was not ready for this.

Had he read her signals wrong?

Or was she afraid to give in?

Right now he did not have the energy to analyse the situation. All he wanted was to have her in his arms and pleasure her for as long as possible. He wanted to make her writhe with passion and pleasure till she could bear no more.

Ishani knew that her moving away from him had confused him like hell. But she did not have a choice. Yes, she wanted him but right now he was close to her just because she was dressed like this. Yes, they almost made out multiple times but still, this was something else.

She didn't want to be just one of his women.

She wanted to be the woman.

Hasn't he already told you that you are?

Yes, he had but words just vanish into thin air after some time like wisps of smoke. And right now she wanted more than just words.

Her mind was suddenly filled with doubts that even her heart could not shake off. Manik's words swirled in her mind and she physically cringed from the impact. The prick of the tears was so evident that she had to bite her lip hard not to collapse in sobs.

Rudra watched on but the moment he saw her jerk with whatever she was thinking, he couldn't just walk away. He closed the distance between them and placed his arm around her.

"Ishani, I am not going do anything without your permission. You can trust me on that," he said turning her towards him.

She looked up and his gaze fell on her lips and within seconds every sane thought just dissipated.

"Please," he pleaded almost as if he was not able to bear it.

Dragging her bitten lip with his thumb, he placed his forehead on hers and closed his eyes.

"Sleep! It's been a long day."

Placing a kiss on her forehead, he let her go reluctantly and started to move away.

As her hand brushed away from his, she felt a part of her slowly diminishing. It was as if she was losing a part of her soul. Her heart started to beat harder than usual and suddenly she was back in that forest trying to figure out where the cry came from.

"ISHI!"

The sharpness of the cry cut through her and she groped ahead to catch onto something to steady herself but her hands found nothing but sheer emptiness.

You have lived your whole life till now feeling nothing but this dark emptiness. Now you have someone to take that darkness away from you. Now you have someone to fill that void and make you feel whole again.

Give up the past and give in to the present.

"NO!"

Rudra stopped short in front of the door just as he heard her. He whirled and saw her trembling uncontrollably. He wanted to calm her but stopped himself.

You have too many demons of your own.

Ishani swallowed hard and closed her eyes to control the rising turmoil. Not waiting any longer, she strode determined towards him and circled her arms around his midriff the moment she reached him.

"Don't go! I don't want to be alone," she said placing her head on his chest.

He smiled inwardly and hugged her back.

"You are not alone," he replied as he tilted her face up.

Although she smiled amiably, he could feel some hesitation in her. He took her hand and led her to the chair nearby. Sitting her down, he sat down on the table and took both her hands in his.

"Tell me what's wrong," he said softly.

She was going to deny but the sincerity in his eyes was something that she could not go against. It was almost as if she was seeing a different Rudra all of a sudden.

"I don't want to be one of your women."

Rudra's eyes widened as realisation hit him. Samantha and Nina must have said something to her. His lips pressed into a thin line as anger rose inside him but he squashed it before it completely consumed him.

Tossing his phone on the sofa nearby, he came close and cupped her face and then brought it close to his.

"You are not one of them. You are the only woman for me."

Saying this, he pecked her lips and was about to let go but couldn't.

One taste and he was up in flames.

She moaned and he placed his lips on hers.

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest