Chapter 71 - The Wilderness

Swallowing hard, Rudra tried to calm the raging hormones that did nothing but travel all the way south in his body.

"Rudra?" he heard her say in confusion as he continued to stare.

Her body wasn't perfect but for him, it looked like a carved sculpture with its ups and lows. His eyes started to travel from her tempting breasts to her stomach and his mouth watered terribly to lick the small amount of fat on her lower abdomen. He wanted to sink his teeth into it and lick the small moles.

As Ishani watched him survey her, she bit her lip trying to squash the question rising in her.

Why is he looking at her like that?

Oh God, he doesn't like your body.

The moment the answer hit her, she squirmed and pulled the covers on her.

"Don't!"

His hoarse whisper halted her hands in mid-air. She gulped down the lump of nervousness in her throat and flicked her gaze away from and tried her best to hide under the covers.

"Don't! You look beautiful," he said and started moved towards her.

BRRINGG! BRRINGG! BUZZZZ! BUZZZZ!

Rudra stopped in his tracks as his phone blared from the balcony.

Dammit! Not again!

He looked at her and found her looking at him expectantly. The covers were still drawn to her chin and her bashfulness was making him go all crazy. He wanted nothing else right now but to rip the covers off her body and bare all her skin to him again. He wanted her to feel the heat of his gaze as it travelled all over her body.

Ignoring the phone, he lowered himself a little and grabbed the cover.

BRRINGG! BRRINGG! BUZZZZ! BUZZZZ!

His body and mind just screamed in frustration as he heard the phone again.

"I think you should get it," he heard her say.

Growling in irritation, he threw her pyjamas on the bed and went to the balcony.

"WHAT?" he bellowed in anger.

He heard a scared gulp from the other side and closed his eyes in frustration.

Whoever it was was definitely on their death wish!

"Do I have to wring out the words from your mouth now?" he asked anger doubling inside him.

"Si-Sir, we ha-have the sa-safari ready for yo-you," a scared female voice informed him.

"Send Ram to me," he commanded and disconnected the call.

As he went into the bedroom, he saw that Ishani had already got dressed.

"Dammit!" he cursed lowly.

"What?" Ishani asked looking at him strangely.

"Nothing. I'll go get dressed. They are calling us for the safari."

She just nodded and watched him slowly leave the room. The moment the door closed behind him, she collapsed on the bed.

Oh. My. God.

What the hell was happening between them? They had almost done the act.

She shivered just as she thought about the way he had been looking at her. His smouldering gaze had burned every little doubt in her brain. The tingling feeling came back as she remembered his hot mouth on her nipples.

Ishani closed her eyes and felt lightheaded and intoxicated as the feeling spread through her body. She wanted him back in his arms but that wasn't happening anytime soon.

Okay! But you can still have him close to you.

Now get ready for the safari.

She got up and started to get dressed.

Rudra was already waiting for her at the main reception along with the guide. He held out his hand just as he saw her. She got into the jeep and looked around. Apart from them, Ram also climbed in along with the guide.

Rudra took the seat next to her and suddenly sniffed near her ear.

"What?"

"Nothing, just checking if you are wearing any perfume or not," he answered circling his arm around her shoulder.

"I am not. But why?"

"Because you are not supposed to, especially in a forest as it might attract wild animals to you owing to their strong sense of smell."

She looked at him with eyes that reflected excitement along with a bit of fear.

"And, without the perfume, they won't be attracted?"

"Well depends on what type of wild animal you are talking about," he opined pressing close to her.

As she looked at him questioningly, he smiled and brought his mouth close to her ear.

"You don't need perfume for me. Your raw smell anyway drives me crazy."

Her whole body went up in flames just as she heard her. She couldn't take her eyes off his face. The raw emotion in his eyes was too compelling to digest. She tried to look away but couldn't.

Suddenly the jeep jerked into motion breaking the moment. She felt him squeeze her shoulder a little and press his body to hers. The heat radiating from him assured her that he was still aroused as she was.

The physical tension was not going away anytime soon.

Ishani forced the thoughts out of her head and looked ahead. But even though her mind was on the road and the forest around, she was oddly aware of his hand softly caressing the side of her waist.

"Do we have any Tiger news, Gaurang?" she heard Rudra ask the guide sitting in front.

"Yes Sir! We have news of movement in the Magadhi zone," he replied and then instructed the driver to take the route for Magadhi.

"Have you ever seen a tiger before?" Rudra looked at her and asked.

"Yes, on wildlife shows," she answered trying to hold onto her seat as the jeep moved through ups and downs.

Seeing her squirm, he tightened his grip on her. And here she was thinking he hadn't noticed.

"I am talking about seeing one with a naked eye; not the television thing."

Shaking her head, she looked up and gaped at the foliage around. Rugged and dense, it presented an aura of a sleeping beast, which was waiting to wake up.

"Then you are in for a treat," she heard him say.

She hadn't realised that the jeep had stopped. It's only when he placed his hand on her thigh did she realise that they were positioned under a tree.

"Ishani!" he softly whispered in her ear pointing at the clearing nearby.

She shifted her eyes and everything in her body just became motionless.

A medley of golden and black stripes was stretching in the late afternoon sun with its mouth wide open in a leisured yawn.

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest