Chapter 9 - That Name

Rudra stood up in attention the moment he heard Mayank. His jaw clenched hard as his eyes become sharp with determination.

No time to waste!

He was out in a flash followed by Mayank.

Viman looked at the door as he heard the sound of the Hummer starting.

"Find out who Umesh Verma is," he told Kabir who was already pulling out his phone to inquire.

Manna shook his head and said in a small voice, "He owns a land in Hauz Khas."

"What's that got to do with Bhaisa?"

Manna looked from Kabir to Viman not able to decide whether he should be telling them the truth. Eventually, they will know but it would be too late by then.

Better now than never!

"That's where Children of Joy is located."

Both brothers looked at him not quite understanding his context.

"Manna!" Shekher Sangawat commanded sharply.

"Children of Joy is a NGO. It's owned by Ishani Raijdas, Thakur Baldev Raijdas's granddaughter."

The spoon fell from Shekher's hand and hit the floor with a clank the moment he heard the names.

For a minute nothing seemed to move in the whole room then suddenly Viman stood up looking at his father.

"Baba?"

Shekher closed his eyes and tried not to scream out of pain. The Raijdas name had awakened memories that he had thought to have wiped out from his brain but unfortunately, he was wrong.

Getting his composure back, he opened his eyes and said, "I am fine," sighing hard.

Viman flicked his gaze at his mother who was sitting completely motionless. Suddenly, she clutched her husband's hand, the pressure of her finger giving away her rising anguish.

Patting her hand reassuring, Shekher said, "Pray nothing happens to our son."

*****************

Rudra reached office and strode inside his cabin with purpose. Now that he had almost closed the deal on Umesh Verma's land, he needed to plan his next move.

He was still pacing agitatedly when Mayank walked in. He handed him the papers for the land and as Rudra took them his mouth slanted in a sly smile.

*****************

Ishani was sitting in her office when her phone rang startling her. She looked at the screen and sighed.

"God, Annie, you scared me," she said answering the call.