Chapter 107 - And The Demons Go Loose

Some hours before

Viman squirmed in his seat trying to gain control of his anxiety-filled nerves. He listened to Kabir on the phone who informed him that he had tried to call Manna and Ram but none of them had answered his calls.

"Dammit!" he cursed throwing the phone on the seat.

He closed his eyes and tried to think about something else but nothing came in his mind other than the fact that Rudra might be in danger.

When he had heard that Rudra had left for Jaipur, it hadn't sparked any worry. It hadn't even bothered him so much when he had been informed that Ishani had also gone to Jaipur.

But the moment he came to know from his legal team about the papers Rudra had asked them to prepare, his suspicion had reached the peak. And after knowing about the entire Raijdas family coming to Rajputana, he hadn't waited a second.

I shouldn't have let him go alone.

But more than this thought, another made him sit up straight in his seat.

How would his brother react after seeing those people again after all these years?

Suddenly his senses started to go numb just as this thought gripped his mind.

He picked up the phone and dialled Kabir's number.

"Where have you reached?" he asked without any preamble.

"I'll reach the hotel by another hour."

"Did you try to call them again?"

"Yeah I did, but they are still not answering," Kabir told him in a disgruntled tone.

"Leave it! Is Scar with you?"

"Yes!"

"Good! Reach as soon as possible," he instructed and then disconnected the call.

An hour later

Kabir jumped out of the car followed by Scar the moment it slowed down a little in front of the hotel and ran inside towards the private elevator. He stepped out of the elevator just as the door inched apart at the penthouse corridor but Scar was quicker than him.

She surpassed him and ran towards the door and started to whimper and scratch it uncontrollably.

Kabir was about to rush to the guards standing outside when he saw Manna running towards him.

Although he did not say anything but the look on his face was enough to convey that something was gravely wrong.

Kabir knocked at the door but nobody answered.

"It's locked from inside," Manna informed him.

"And who is with him?"

"Nobody!"

Kabir's eyes shot up the moment he heard him.

Bhaisa is alone?!

Dammit! He cursed inwardly and stretched his hand towards Manna for the keys but turned when he didn't give any.

"It's electronically locked. It can only be opened with a code that too from the inside," Manna said trying to sound as loud as possible over Scar's eccentric barking.

Kabir looked at Scar and knew something major had happened for her instincts were stronger than his and the way she was behaving, it spoke volumes.

"Is there no way to open this?"

"Only with an emergency card."

Manna was about to say more him they saw Ram running towards them along with the maintenance officer of the hotel.

The maintenance guy pushed the card in the slot on the circuit board and stepped back. Just as the lock clicked away, he was about to open the door to enter but Kabir stopped him.

"Manna, clear the area," he commanded and opened the door.

Scar ran inside and started to bark wildly.

Just as Kabir entered, he froze.

Rudra was sitting on the floor with a piece of broken glass in his hand pointed straight at his throat glaring at the dog.

"Ram, get the shots," he whisper-instructed, not taking his eyes off his brother.

He started to go towards him but stopped short as he saw his brother picking another glass piece from the floor. Just as he aimed it at Scar, Kabir ran and shoved the dog out of the way.

The glass piece jabbed at his arm tearing his shirt and then pierced through his skin.

Kabir clamped his hand on his mouth suppressing the scream of pain. Although blood was oozing out from the wound there was no time to think about himself.

He needed to save his brother.

Just as he was about to get up from his place, he saw Rudra jump up on his feet and rush towards him with agitated energy. Kabir was about to move away but before he could do that, Rudra clamped his fingers around his throat. As his breathing started to constrict, Kabir looked into his eyes trying his hardest to remind his brother who he was but nothing changed.

Rudra's mind conjured images of men rushing towards him with knives and swords as he tried his best to reach his father but suddenly the pain of the sliced skin drummed his senses to agony.

He looked at Kabir and his demons broke into an evil laugh.

Finally, he has got one of them.

"Bhai-Bhaisa, plea-please," Kabir strangled plea fell into deaf ears as Rudra's eyes darkened with fury.

He was about to tighten his grip on Kabir's throat when his vision suddenly registered the reddened part of his shirt sleeve.

Rudra's inner-self screamed with fear and anxiety as the crimson liquid brought back images of that night. He jerked his hand off and looked down at his palm.

His palm was as reddened as they had been on that night.

He had their blood on his hand.

Suddenly the glass piece glinted against the light. He needed death; he needed peace. Most of all he needed to sleep.

He needed to put a monster like him to eternal sleep.

Kabir was still coughing with intensity but the moment he witnessed the raised glass piece and his brother's staggering gait, he pulled himself up and started towards him.

Rudra placed the sharp edge on his throat and was about to slice the skin when Scar jumped and bit on his hand.

Kabir rushed towards him and tried to take the piece away from him but his grip was too strong. Not relenting, he pushed him and both fell on the floor and Scar let go of his hand.

Just as Rudra's grip loosened a little, Kabir grabbed the glass and threw it away.

Rudra looked at Kabir and shoved him off him and then scrambled to another glass piece lying on the floor. But Kabir was quicker than him. He rushed towards him and circled his arms around him and dragged him off.

"Bhaisa, please."

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest