Chapter 73 - The Tenderness of Love

Rudra dragged his mouth away from hers to breathe and saw her clutching his shirt tightly as she also tried to drag in air. He wound his arms around her body and she laid her head on his chest.

His drumming heart was like music in her ears. Clutching him harder, she pressed herself more into him.

"Baby!"

"Hmmm?" she replied hiding her face in his chest.

"We should get inside. It's getting cold."

She shook her head and did not budge for she didn't want to lose this feeling.

"I don't want to go inside," she replied ruefully.

He cupped her chin and tilted it up. A smile broke out on his face as he saw her pouting at him.

"I am not leaving you this soon. But it's cold, and believe me, it's best to be indoors right now. I don't want you catching anything."

As she buried her face into his chest again, he guided them towards the bedroom.

That night after they finished their dinner in Rudra's balcony, he slowly guided her towards her room. She was a little disappointed when he just pecked her forehead lovingly and said good night.

As she lay on the bed, she kept on thinking about him. There were things about him that she still didn't know but she actually didn't care. All she wanted was him in her life. She felt secure and protected in his arms and believe it or not that was definitely a first timer.

Slowly the sounds of the forest started to get louder and louder and she snuggled into her bed covers closing her eyes without the fear of anything for the first time in her life.

Somebody was knocking on Ishani's door but she wasn't in the mood to wake up at all. Groggily, she shoved her head out of its hideout and looked at the door hoping that whoever it was would go away if she didn't answer. But somehow the person on the other side did not relent. The knocking continued, irritating her like hell.

She shoved the covers off and scrambled from the bed. Whoever is messing with her sleep so early in the morning is definitely in for some choice words.

"WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK IS WR—"

"Rudra!" she muttered sheepishly.

Suddenly she wanted to hide somewhere so bad. Dammit, Ishani! Couldn't you have just shut your mouth?

She stepped back but felt like disappearing as she registered the look on his face. His eyes were widened with one of the brows crooked up. Not wanting to face him at all, she turned but suddenly was yanked back at him. Before she could even react, she was turned towards him and within a split of a second, his mouth landed on hers.

Taken by surprise, she didn't know how to react. Her body went from being embarrassed to motionless and then snapped to the heated state as his lips tugged at her lower lip. She was about to open her mouth to grant him entrance when suddenly she remembered that she had just woken up.

Ishani slid her face into his shoulder breaking the contact between their lips.

"What?" he asked thickly.

Not able to find her voice, she just shook her head and moved away from him. Then before he could grab her again, she sprinted to the washroom.

Quickly she did her morning routine and came out. She was about to pick her clothes from the cupboard when Rudra pulled her towards him.

"Why did you move away?"

"Ummm! It's nothing. I'll go get dressed," she replied looking everywhere but at him.

She felt him grab her chin and pull her face up. As her eyes collided with his gaze, she just got lost. All her senses just went haywire within a matter of seconds. Everything ceased around her and she was just aware of his eyes changing with every passing second. At first, it became completely dark then it lightened a little as it started to observe her flushed face. Just as his eyes fell on her lips that were pressed together, his eyes became those black pools of desire, which always drowned her. Mesmerised, she kept watching as suddenly his eyes again flicked to hers.

"I want the answer, Ishani."

"I had just woken up," she said with a weak smile.

"So?"

"I hadn't brushed," she muttered under her breathe hoping that he wouldn't hear her.

But he did and just as she was about to look away, he clutched her chin and made her face him.

"I don't care."

Saying this, he pecked her lips and went out to the balcony.

"I have ordered breakfast. I hope you like it," he said stretching and breathing hard in the fresh morning air.

She looked at his back and smiled. After a long time, she finally had someone who didn't find any faults in her. Rudra had actually accepted her the way she was. It was as if he had made a special place in his heart for her. Every time he came near her or touched her, she felt special and yes cherished, which to be frank she hadn't even felt for once with Manik.

"Ishani!"

The moment she heard him call her she went without thinking twice as if she had been pulled by a magnet. She found him still stretching his arms and instantly circled hers around his midriff. Resting her head on his back, she breathed hard and felt his scent passing through the deep caverns of her lungs spreading to every nook and corner of her body. Immediately her mind relaxed with its effect.

Ishani closed her eyes and pressed her nose more into his back trying to take in his scent more and felt him turn and take her into his arms. An overwhelming urge to hide from the whole world shook her and she buried her face in his chest.

"Shhh! I always shroud you from everything," she heard him say.

The moment she looked up at him, she was bowled over by the look in his eyes. Their intensity just took her breath away and she couldn't do anything but stare.

Slowly Rudra lowered his lips to her ear and softly whispered huskily—

"I love you."

She shivered slightly and watched him look up at her. Just as she tiptoed, he lowered his lips towards her.

BRRINNG! BUZZZ! BRRINNG! BUZZZ!

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest