Chapter 36 - The Attack

"RUDRA, NO!" shouted Viman pushing his hand away and simultaneously pulling the gun out of his hand.

"GET OUT!" Rudra ordered, his eyes flashing with fury.

When Samar did not budge, he flicked his gaze at Ram Singh.

And, Ram Singh was waiting for this opportunity; come to think of it, he had been waiting for this moment since so many years.

Samar started to shout and rant the moment he saw Ram Singh coming near him.

"Shut his DAMN MOUTH!" Rudra commanded and instantly Ram Singh caught Samar's mouth and shoved a cloth inside it.

Then, he almost picked up Samar by the collar and shoved him towards the guards standing the door who dragged him along the corridor to the private exit.

Shaking his head, Viman looked at Manna closing the main door and following Rudra to the bedroom.

Viman also followed them into the room and was about to tell Rudra about Ishani's meeting when he heard Rudra call out to him.

"Viman, the legal papers for Luminart," he said stretching out his hand.

Shoving his hand into his bag, Viman brought out the papers and put them in front of him.

As Rudra started to check the papers one by one, Viman sat down next to him and started pointing out the details.

***************

Ishani waited at the street opposite to the hotel for the traffic to clear. Just as it did, she crossed the road in brisk steps.

The moment she placed her foot on the pavement in front of the hotel, someone banged into her and she would have fallen if the security guard at the hotel gate hadn't caught her. She was about to reproach the man when a familiar shining glint of metal flashed in her eye. As she looked closer, her eyes widened with shock.

The man was carrying a gun!

And, why are you shocked? Is this the first time you have seen one?

Shaking her head, she was about to enter the hotel when she saw the same man cross the street and hide behind a car.

What is he doing?

She stopped short just at the hotel gates when she saw Rudra coming out of the side exit followed by Viman, Manna and Ram Singh.

Ishani's eyes instantly shifted to the hidden man and understood what he was trying to do.

He was taking aim at Rudra.

She wanted to shout but her brain was completely paralysed with fear. Can't Manna and Ram Singh see him? No, they can't as like everyone else in that party, their vision obscured by the scorching rays of the late afternoon sun.

Again her eyes shifted to the hidden man and panic shot up her spine as she realised that he was about to shoot.

Almost immediately her legs sprang with newfound energy and she started running towards Rudra. Reaching them, she pushed Viman out of the way and pulled Rudra to her.

For a second Rudra was stunned but then the familiar scent of Ishani's body reached his nose and he looked at her face, which was creased with anguish and panic.

Suddenly something whizzed past quite close to them and the next second the glass panel of the hotel's flower shop behind them shattered to pieces.

He held onto Ishani just as he felt a huge glass piece pierce through his shoulder. But as she lost her footing both of them collapsed behind right on the broken glass.

"URRGH!" Ishani cried out with pain as the glass scraped her exposed arm and immediately felt Rudra shift her weight to the other side.

Within seconds the street was transformed into a battleground with people running everywhere. In the commotion, he saw Ram Singh running after someone and Manna along with Viman rushing towards them.

But Ishani's eyes were fixed on the big piece of glass that was hanging loosely from the broken panel. Suddenly as it wobbled a little, she realised that any minute now it will fall right on them, especially on his head.

Instantaneously, she clutched his arm and pulled him to the other side and both of them rolled off the pavement and landed on the street, and the glass crashed right where they were, violently disintegrating into millions of pieces.

He stared at her towering face as she looked anxiously at him. Panicked tears escaped her eyes and he raised his hand to brush them off. For a second he forgot everything and pulled her into his arms.

Both their bodies stopped shivering just as their touch spread through them.

He felt her lips pressing close to the side of his throat as she inhaled hard and without thinking he also did the same.

Suddenly Rudra felt Manna and Viman along with the guards crowding them. He swallowed audibly against her ears and felt her slowly releasing her hold on him. Manna helped her as she straightened to her feet, and then she did the most unfathomable thing.

She stretched out her hand and clasped the hand that Rudra has extended towards Viman. Shrugging off Manna's arms, she gradually helped him to his feet.

"Guys, get them inside!" she heard Viman command and immediately felt the guards rushing them inside the hotel through the private entrance.

Both of them entered the lift followed by Manna, Viman and a couple of guards. Even though they were surrounded by people, they did not let go of each other. She clasped his hand tightly and felt him do the same.

Just as they entered the corridor of his penthouse suite, they were rushed inside the bedroom by the guards. Viman grabbed the first aid kit and was about to start when rushed footsteps entered the bedroom.

Ishani saw a woman clad in a black pencil skirt and an almost see-through shirt with a jacket on to, enter the bedroom and stride straight to Rudra. She launched herself at him and hugged him hard.

"Oh thank God darling, you are okay. I was so scared when the staff told me about the shooting," she said faking the anxiousness all the way.

Ishani saw her touch his face checking for injury and she glared hard but it was obviously lost on the woman who ignored her completely.

"Nina, he is fine. Now, let him go so that I could get the first aid done," Viman said as he removed her hands.

Nina!

So, that's her! Rudra's ex!  

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.

Image Courtesy: Pinterest